• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Awesome. My dream come true. Citizens and cops both doing their duty as Americans results in a great outcome.

I am an OC supporter, but this still doesn't mean that every time a bad guy sees a gun he is going to run away, sometimes you'll get a crazy guy who won't be deterred by anything. It is nice to finally hear a story like this, though.

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    Not a huge fan of OC, but i do believe it has a purpose, and this is it. We need more stories to reinforce that not everyone is a sheep. We will defen ourselves.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    IIMPOSSIBLE - THIS COULD NOT HAPPEN!!!

THE BAD GUYS WOULD HAVE BEEN BEHIND THEM AND SHOT THEM IN THE BACK!!

GUNS ARE TO BE CC'D ONLY!!!

oh yeah.... that feels MUCH better :D

Last edited:

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    The bad thing about open carry is , that you draw too much attention to yourself , you take away the element of surprise , not too mention any LEO that sees you is going to ask for your paperwork and check you out , and taking him away from possibly doing something more productive.
    And one final thought is this , if you are carrying in the open , say it is a Glock , and you exchange words with some idiot , not exactly enough for you to draw down on him , so you leave , he calls 911 , says you pulled a Glock on him , no witnesses , the responding officer is now in a bad situation , he has one guy who says you pulled a gun and low and behold you are carrying the exact gun he mentioned , if nothing else you are going to lose your gun and have to attend a review hearing for your license , but at worst case is the possibility of going to jail on top of it all.
    It isn't worth the hassle to me , I'll CC and avoid the problems.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    The bad thing about open carry is , that you draw too much attention to yourself , you take away the element of surprise , not too mention any LEO that sees you is going to ask for your paperwork and check you out , and taking him away from possibly doing something more productive.
    And one final thought is this , if you are carrying in the open , say it is a Glock , and you exchange words with some idiot , not exactly enough for you to draw down on him , so you leave , he calls 911 , says you pulled a Glock on him , no witnesses , the responding officer is now in a bad situation , he has one guy who says you pulled a gun and low and behold you are carrying the exact gun he mentioned , if nothing else you are going to lose your gun and have to attend a review hearing for your license , but at worst case is the possibility of going to jail on top of it all.
    One word: READ.

Read the numerous threads. All of them. That should keep you busy for the next month or so.

I understand that what you wrote is your opinion, but evidently you haven't been reading past INGO threads since you want to open this can of worms up again (for anyone that has been around for a couple of months.)

Read.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

If you had been CC'ing in that restaurant, your problems would have included a shootout, and maybe getting killed.

Yeah... they lost the element of surprise. Fortunately, because the bad guys decided to wait until they had an easier target. In another example, a guy tried to rob a convenience store with an OC'er inside. Didn't even notice the OC'er, until the OC'er shot him dead. Still waiting for someone to provide an example of losing the "element of surprise" causing problems.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville

1639717039_9eab806ff6_o.jpg

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    OC vs. CC , I don't really get it , it is still perfectly legal to open carry isn't it ?
    There are times I'd like to be able to carry open , but I doubt my boss would like it too well.

Top Bottom