• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    These are two separate questions, and I thought about the second one as I was typing...

I am thinking about moving to Maryland, not for a few years at the least, but I am wondering what the Maryland gun laws are. I have no idea as to where I would look first, one sight told me that handguns had to be registered, another told me that they did not. Site #1 told me about all these restrictions, while Site #2 said that Maryland is about as lenient as Indiana. Would anyone happen to have a link to the actual laws?

And I have a friend of mine who rents a booth at a flea market, selling knives and other sharp toys, tasers, and airsoft guns. The airsoft guns he is not worried about, but one of the ways to get a customer to buy is to look at what they are interested in, so he hands knives to customers. Needless to say, he watches them like a hawk while they are holding it, he still does that to me, but he is worried about that ONE guy who would ask to see his biggest sharpened knife, and then hold it against him for the rest of his stuff. Would there be a way for him to be able to carry a firearm there? Would he need to get a permit, seeing as it technically is his place of business? Any kind of advice on what to tell him would be greatly appreciated!

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    http://handgunlaw.us/states/maryland.pdf

Try there as a starting point for MD. Honestly, they are a heavily-restricted state in terms of firearms...just check the disclaimers of many gun websites that cite special restrictions for the state.

MD Criminal Code § 4-208

Per this MD code, you can't even carry at a "public demonstration" :n00b:

"A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm." Md. Criminal Law Code § 4-305(b). This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine. Section 4-305(a).

Beautiful scenery in the state, sh**** gun laws.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    It said you have to have a report of some kind of robbery, assault etc. etc. to have a good enough reason to get a permit in Maryland??

Wow, I'm not going there.

Anyone able to help me with the other question?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    He needs to get the license.

Renting a booth would likely not be considered a "fixed place of business" exception.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    He needs to get the license.

Renting a booth would likely not be considered a "fixed place of business" exception.

Ok that's what I was wondering. I wanted to be sure he would be allowed to keep it on him while he was working, until then, he asked me to come in and help him out on the weekends to sell things, andto make him feel a little safer. He should just use one of the tasers from his display I'm thinking.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ok that's what I was wondering. I wanted to be sure he would be allowed to keep it on him while he was working, until then, he asked me to come in and help him out on the weekends to sell things, andto make him feel a little safer. He should just use one of the tasers from his display I'm thinking.

That also would require the LTCH.

IC 35-47-8-4
    Applicability of handgun provisions
    Sec. 4. IC 35-47-2 applies to an electronic stun weapon or taser.
    As added by P.L.318-1985, SEC.3.

Blessings,
    Bill

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    That also would require the LTCH.

IC 35-47-8-4
    Applicability of handgun provisions
    Sec. 4. IC 35-47-2 applies to an electronic stun weapon or taser.
    As added by P.L.318-1985, SEC.3.

Blessings,
    Bill

That I did not know. Ill have to say something to him then because he sells them to anyone with the money and then let's them walk.

Would that technically require him to have a license to sell them? I would think he is considered a private seller...

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I am thinking about moving to Maryland, not for a few years at the least, but I am wondering what the Maryland gun laws are. I have no idea as to where I would look first, one sight told me that handguns had to be registered, another told me that they did not. Site #1 told me about all these restrictions, while Site #2 said that Maryland is about as lenient as Indiana. Would anyone happen to have a link to the actual laws?

registration is required on all handguns purchased in state that go through an FFL (and there is no private transfer allowed). But registration is "voluntary" if you move into the state with them... so sorta both sites were right.

MD is no where close to IN regarding gun laws... opposite ends of the spectrum, really.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...defense/97933-maryland_carry.html#post1130964

MD gun laws:

Michie's Legal Resources#

Michie's Legal Resources#

-rvb

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Here is another question I have, search either didn't have anything or I didn't word it right.

Since I have a lifetime LTCH through Indiana, resident, if I were to move to any other state, would it then become a non-resident permit, and the rules change? Or would I still be able to go to the states that require Indiana resident permits?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Indiana doesn't have a non-resident license. If you move, it will be "deactivated". If you move back to Indiana, you can have it "re-activated".

Top Bottom