• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    As usual -
    We have those here on INGO that have gotten all get bent out shape for the insensitive jokes and spins put on this most tragic situation. There, of course, is a time and a place for seriousness and for senselessness. For this, I humbly apologize if I have offended Ben or his family when posting and I meant no disrespect.

I can see where one might come to a conclusion in some posts that people here have a cold heart. Most of what I've seen written here have been directed at the owner of this fine establishment in question and some have given jabs that have trickled down to his employees. I would like to question the choice of their work place but at least they have a job in these hard times.

If all that has been reported is in deed factual and accurate, than YES, Ben Chance is a great hero to us all and we wish him a healthy and speedy recovery. I for one would like to personally shake his hand and thank him for his service.

Don took a real Chance when hiring Ben and it has definitely paid off. :rolleyes:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have to close this for the time being so it can be reviewd. I don't have time to read it right now. I'll let the other mods know.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK, having read this thread, what I'm taking away from the posts so far is that two (or more) got into an argument about someone getting shot. One considers Mr. Chance to be a friend and is defending him in his absence. Another was speaking far more abstractly. I'm not deleting any posts; I'm leaving them all there in their entirety. (Edit: I did not, but apparently one of the other mods did feel the argument should be pulled. I defer to his (or her) judgment.)

The staff of INGO wish Mr. Chance a speedy and full recovery, and if, as Hoosierdoc suggested, people want to put together a donation for him and his family, they may certainly do so. I will personally (not as a mod, just as a member) suggest that whoever is chosen to collect the money have thick skin and be above reproach in trustworthiness; there have been similar collections in the past that have called recordkeeping into question. I cast aspersions in no direction by so saying, I only offer the caveat.
    Putting my mod hat back on, I suggest that those who have disagreed in here on a personal level add each other to their respective ignore lists. This is not the place to fight and schoolyard call-outs and veiled- or not-so-veiled threats against each other are not welcome here. Behave like mature adults, please. If you can't do that, then please find somewhere else to display machismo.

I don't frankly care how serious you are about your statements or any arguments with my above descriptions. To be crystal-clear about this, the threats, the beating of chests, and any similar posts STOP here and now. [strike]I have, as I said, left all the posts as they are and deleted none. If their authors wish to make edits, they may certainly do so, having had some time to cool off since the posting. The evidence of what was edited will remain, but the visible posts will (hopefully) be far more civil and polite. You would not be incorrect to take that as a hint.[/strike]

Thank you for your cooperation. As always, the staff does not want to ban anyone, but if it's a choice between that and having this place degenerate into that kind of interchange, any of us will drop the hammer without hesitation.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Well I am finished with this thread. I have been read the riot act, or is it the 'infraction act?' On Ingo it IS acceptable to make fun of a family man who was almost killed, but NOT acceptable to step on the 'cool kids toes' and defend him.

I stand humbly corrected. I thought things had changed here since I last visited anything but the classifieds. I was in error.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well I am finished with this thread. I have been read the riot act, or is it the 'infraction act?' On Ingo it IS acceptable to make fun of a family man who was almost killed, but NOT acceptable to step on the 'cool kids toes' and defend him.

I stand humbly corrected. I thought things had changed here since I last visited anything but the classifieds. I was in error.

Look, I believe my infraction for you was explained in great detail and with a great deal of remorse toward your friend. If you would like, I can certainly post that PM to show there was no "riot act" read to you. I will not allow you to come on here and say you were read the "riot act" after I went to great lengths to demonstrate the level of compassion I believed this matter deserves; however, you will still not be allowed to insult other members.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Look, I believe my infraction for you was explained in great detail and with a great deal of remorse toward your friend. If you would like, I can certainly post that PM to show there was no "riot act" read to you. I will not allow you to come on here and say you were read the "riot act" after I went to great lengths to demonstrate the level of compassion I believed this matter deserves; however, you will still not be allowed to insult other members.

Likewise, I did not "read any riot act" nor "infraction act", and I DID say that you were defending your friend. I just added that there would be no more challenges, veiled or otherwise, to beat on anyone. It comes off as schoolboys bickering, and can be much more rationally solved with cooler heads and calm, rational reasoning. If you or anyone else is incapable of this, just use the ignore list. If you'd like help with how to do that, you have but to ask. I or any other member of the staff will be happy to help.

And for the record, that "cool kids" BS has gotten well-worn and much played and is no more true now than it was the first time that accusation was leveled at the staff here... which is to say, not true at all.

Blessings,
    Bill

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well as usual the mods go out of their way to be fair and compassionate and in return people complain about having their feelings hurt.

As I stated earlier in the threat shouldn't this be about the man now injured that defended himself admirably in a very tough situation? Lets forget the contest of who's got the bigger one, let it fade away and show some support for Ben and his family. INGO is better than this, look at all the positive posts why concentrate on the perceived negative?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well as usual the mods go out of their way to be fair and compassionate and in return people complain about having their feelings hurt.

As I stated earlier in the threat shouldn't this be about the man now injured that defended himself admirably in a very tough situation? Lets forget the contest of who's got the bigger one, let it fade away and show some support for Ben and his family. INGO is better than this, look at all the positive posts why concentrate on the perceived negative?

Yup^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Top Bottom