• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Are we blaming the bad economy on Immigrants as well now?

What else can we blame on them?

You truly do not believe the influx of illegal workers has had an influence on stagnant wages when compared to inflation?

You truly believe a group of people sending $120 BILLION dollars each year over the border instead of it being spent locally will not affect the economy?

Really?

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    As the son/grandson of immigrants (Italy by way of Argentina), I do not see why people cannot come here legally. My family came here worked hard and created opportunities for themselves. From what they have told me it was an easy process (this was in the late 70's early 80's). All of my family have become citizens and love this country for the chances they have been given.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    You truly do not believe the influx of illegal workers has had an influence on stagnant wages when compared to inflation?

You truly believe a group of people sending $120 BILLION dollars each year over the border instead of it being spent locally will not affect the economy?

Really?

It has an effect yes, but it's a marginal one either positive or negative.

I doubt it's even 10 percent of the problem with our economy.

It's just not a problem that's big enough to be worth solving if it is even a problem.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    It has an effect yes, but it's a marginal one either positive or negative.

I doubt it's even 10 percent of the problem with our economy.

It's just not a problem that's big enough to be worth solving if it is even a problem.

Its an accumulative effect. The economic impact previously mentioned is only one of many. Costs of Spanish speaking teachers in public school, minor? sure, but why should I pay for this? Medical bills of undocumented and untraceable immigrants that get passed on to legitimate consumers. Additional expense of criminal behaviors. We could go on for hours debating the negative impacts with you acknowledging each one and discrediting them as insignificant in the general scheme of things. But I fail to see one positive from their presence others than in feel good initiatives liberals carry on about.. diversity? equal opportunities? liberal votes.. Etc. The legal American consumer/resident ends up stuck with the bill all due to the inability to uphold existing law. We aren't asking anything be passed that isn't already law. Just that they enforce what is already on the books... you wouldn't think that would require an act of congress to accomplish, nor a presidential executive order to attempt to prevent.

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I have to say some of the examples given by the government and others gets to be a little silly . Some nut ball with an english accent was on the radio this morning claiming that we don't import all that much from china, his example of that so called fact was he had gotten a haircut the day before and he was just sure that it hadn't come from china.He evidently hasn't checked where most of the things we consume are being manufactured. When all of the ramifications from illegals are tallied up I don't see how anyone can say it's a good deal for the country.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Since this thread is about polls, here's a link to a page that has several poll results over time.

Immigration

It's interesting to see the transition from a generally unfavorable view of "amnisty" in the late Bush years to a generally favorable view now.

You may not like that the nation is changing, and you may not know anyone who likes it. But it's changing. And it's easy to doubt that the old values are dying out, especially when most people around us think like we do.

I remember standing in a very long line to vote last Fall and I was very confident that most folks likely voted much like I did. I live far enough away from the Metro area of Louisville that most folks around me tend to support Republicans. But the proportion of people who think like me becomes much smaller when I arrive at work in an urban setting, working around a younger generation.

I've accepted the fact that **** is getting out of hand different in my country, and that the people who think like I do are not the great majority it once was. There is no moral majority. And there's probably little we can do about it but complain. And to the newer more urban, more liberal generations of Americans, we just sound like grumpy old men yelling at the neighbors' kids to stay off our lawns.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Good. A rational decision where the only argument advanced was cries of "Racism!" and no actual evidence of harm.

Top Bottom