• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Daughter loves her Itac 10-22. Especially when I load up the 110 round drum mags.

She's started to like to shoot for precision more, so I turned a standard 10-22 into one for her.

She stills loves to unloaded them drums from time to time though

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had a 10-22 briefly. Bought it when it was a Black Friday loss leader at Dick's. Just never could warm up to it and sold it shortly after.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Pistol or long gun, if it shoots 22s reliably, I like it.
    During Wu-Flu, I looked everywhere for a couple of Henry 22s with no luck. About that time, I found a couple S&W 15-22 pistols for the wife and I. Found plenty of mags at Scheel's and off to the range.
    I love my 10/22s and will always have them, but those 15-22 pistols are so much more fun when you're just wanting to plink.
    WCD, if ya find yourself in my neck of the woods, yell at me and I'll loan ya one of mine to play with.
    I am pretty sure our driveway will accommodate another vehicle, so if you and yours have occasions to be a few miles West perhaps could stop over for dinner.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can't stand the 10/22. I love my MP15-22.
    I've never owned a 10/22, but I definitely love my 15-22. I have a Primary Arms red dot on mine and it's a great plinker and doubles as training on AR style controls. My son and daughter really like it as well.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I've never owned a 10/22, but I definitely love my 15-22. I have a Primary Arms red dot on mine and it's a great plinker and doubles as training on AR style controls. My son and daughter really like it as well.
    taking a serious look at them. Looks like the fun factor could be off the charts. Kind of wondering if adding a middle of the road red dot and a binary trigger could be doable for under 1k

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    My first firearm was my bolt action Remington, 528 I think. Still have it. Hit a dime at about 100’ with the cheap scope that is on it standing. It’s my “sniper” rifle. Have several 22 semi automatic pistols mainly for plinking and practice. No 22 revolvers (yet?). So for me, I got the MP 15-22 a few years ago as my next 22. It is a blast to shoot and will definitely put a dent (or numerous holes) in your tin can population.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    My first firearm was my bolt action Remington, 528 I think. Still have it. Hit a dime at about 100’ with the cheap scope that is on it standing. It’s my “sniper” rifle. Have several 22 semi automatic pistols mainly for plinking and practice. No 22 revolvers (yet?). So for me, I got the MP 15-22 a few years ago as my next 22. It is a blast to shoot and will definitely put a dent (or numerous holes) in your tin can population.
    I might stop at Scheels tomorrow and see if I can Take a look at one.

I mean seriously the time is now to act. They are clogging up a shelf in the barn from soup can size to yam cans.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Franklin?
    Yeah.

Franklin Armory® BFSIII® AR-S1 Binary Trigger

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Ok blokes, my opinion.....10-22 great for tinkers, spend $900 on parts to make it shoot with a factory stock, out of the box savage or cz .....
    Semi auto....I love my AR22(s) I have 1 set up for rimfire sporter, 1 set up identical to my service rifle &1 set identical to my match rifle.....
    I had another Anschutz follow me home last week........now that's a nice 22lr

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Fair enough. Thank you I am on the fence between the Ruger and M and P looks like there might be an approximate $200 price difference just wondering just to blast away at tin cans and the occasional steel plate if it would be worth the extra funds. You know since I am still holding on to my pipe dream of finding a Vickers 1911 for a price I am willing to pay.

Does the M and P have any weight to it?
    Not really. Looks like S&W lists them as under 5lbs.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I have had the Ruger and the Smith and Wesson, along with a few other levers, bolt action, pump, etc. They all do the job properly and are fun. The one difference I would point out is it's easier to take your time and shoot carefully with a slower gun. Oftentimes I won't take my time for proper shot placement with the 15-22 because I know I have 35 rounds in the aftermarket mag. However, it's great fun at steel challenge. If you like westerns a lever gun is just fantastic though. I would say for the average shooter there's no accuracy difference in any rifle length .22, the fun factor is high in all of them, and the SW and Ruger both have a big aftermarket support if you like to tinker.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Not really. Looks like S&W lists them as under 5lbs.

One of the reasons I went with the Tippmann. It's aluminum, is just slightly lighter than most of my ARs (except it weighs the same as my weight weenie AR build at just over 7 pounds), all the controls are the same as an actual AR, and is compatible with a lot of standard AR parts. It's also made in Indiana.

Top Bottom