• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greffy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2019
    Los Angeles County
    Maybe 'Truth' doesn't sell. At least not this version of 'truth', seems 'the market' is deciding
    that there just isn't enough content and or traffic to attract the ad revenue, that is the truth
    that counts in 'media' business.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe 'Truth' doesn't sell. At least not this version of 'truth', seems 'the market' is deciding
    that there just isn't enough content and or traffic to attract the ad revenue, that is the truth
    I created an account a couple of days after it launched. It said I was #255,xxx. Im still waitlisted. I listen to Steve Deace’s show some. A week or so ago, he mentioned he’d helped with beta testing of the pre released version—he’s still waitlisted.

I think this will go the way of Trump-steaks. More hype than actual value.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    This is spot on. It's not about truth, at all. It's about monetization for selling your data for advertising. It's not about left vs. right. It's about money. It's digital bread and circuses.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I signed up a few weeks ago, still waitlisted. I don’t do social media, I thought I’d at least give this a shot that it wouldn’t turn into the cesspool that other sites have, but I’ve heard from a few sources that it’s just not working very well. To be honest I’d kinda forgotten about it until I read this.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Trump definitely should've put people in charge who know what they're doing for a project this size.

And access should've started with web browser access from a regular computer, and then gone on to cellphone apps.
    But instead, you can only access this site with an iphone? Really?
    I have no intention of ever owning an "i" anything.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trump definitely should've put people in charge who know what they're doing for a project this size.

And access should've started with web browser access from a regular computer, and then gone on to cellphone apps.
    But instead, you can only access this site with an iphone? Really?
    I have no intention of ever owning an "i" anything.

Agreed on all counts. INGO is about my only "social media" and I really don't do anything on my phone (my fingers are too fat to type on the itty bitty "keyboard"). And I too have no plan to ever own an "i" anything.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I created an account a couple of days after it launched. It said I was #255,xxx. Im still waitlisted. I listen to Steve Deace’s show some. A week or so ago, he mentioned he’d helped with beta testing of the pre released version—he’s still waitlisted.

I think this will go the way of Trump-steaks. More hype than actual value.
    Me too.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Agreed on all counts. INGO is about my only "social media" and I really don't do anything on my phone (my fingers are too fat to type on the itty bitty "keyboard"). And I too have no plan to ever own an "i" anything.
    I hear you.
    I hate even texting on my phone any more than I have to.
    Let along interacting on a social site on my phone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hear you.
    I hate even texting on my phone any more than I have to.
    Let along interacting on a social site on my phone.
    Yep. Sometimes my sister will text me with just a general "how's it going?" type of thing and I'll start to text her back and then just say screw it and call her instead of trying to type everything out. :):

DoggyMama uses the talk to text thing, but I spend more time correcting what the phone thinks I said than it would've taken to type it out in the first place.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Yep. Sometimes my sister will text me with just a general "how's it going?" type of thing and I'll start to text her back and then just say screw it and call her instead of trying to type everything out. :):

DoggyMama uses the talk to text thing, but I spend more time correcting what the phone thinks I said than it would've taken to type it out in the first place.
    Just be like my mom, don’t correct it and they’ll call to see what you were trying to say and make sure you’re not having a stroke

Top Bottom