• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, this type of thing often happens when folks, civilians, believe they are being 'helpful' by 'playing traffic cop'. Not their job, and the other drivers know it. However 'honorable' the intentions.

Yeah, I get your point. I wasn't playing traffic cop, though, I was playing traffic obstacle...Exactly the same as the other drivers. I was just choosing to play in a different part pf the road, and for (supposedly) more altruistic reasons. :)

As for the kids, well, kids some times do 'unsmart' things. And not everyone is 'intimidated' by someone simply due to their physical size.

Intimidation should have nothing to do with it. We were in direct communication, we both speak the same language. I told him I wanted nothing to do with them.

And as noted in other threads over the years, carrying OWB doesn't 'automatically' intimidate some people, and no one should really believe that carrying OWB is going to do so.

Once the "mouthy" kid saw the pistol his demeanor changed, and they retreated. While I tend to agree with you (to an extent, with [strike]some[/strike] many people) it would appear it may have have made some "difference" in this encounter, on this occasion.

Is ANY 'rational, law-abiding civilian' going to draw down a weapon on a couple 12 year-old kids that aren't presenting an immediate threat (whatever that would involve)?Of course not, and the kids apparently knew that, as well.

Did I paint these boys as a threat? I wrote that it was a "Weird Encounter". Who doesn't back off when you're told "No, thank You.", followed by "Move along."? That's not a conversation starter...these boys understand boundaries differently than I do. Why keep moving toward my wife, but talking to (at) me? Not a direct threat to me. Not even overtly threatening. Checking some of the correct boxes, though.

And, again...I think you are wrong here. The kid saw me as a mark...until he saw the gun, and he wet his pants.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In hindsight it wasn't the best idea to get involved at all. I could have cut them all off myself and gotten through traffic in a few seconds...but I thought if we all suffer a rather minor inconvenience together we will all soon be on our way, rather than a few rush through to the front and cause a huge backup for everyone.

But, seriously...lesson learned. Next time .

At least you didnt do THIS to the guy... (warning, some adult words)
    [video=youtube;1Yeipzl1uZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yeipzl1uZY[/video]

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    After reading the thread about the new law hitting the books, the guy behind you very well may have been an INGO member. Hopefully he'll chime in to share his side of the story and explain how he has the right to do whatever he wants.

I've done what you did several times, just did it last week although not in a construction zone. I would never try it on a motorcycle though. :)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What was the point of the ******* driving the F-150 informing the biker that he had his kids in the truck? "You can't **** me up for my clear wrong doing because I have witnesses who are under 10!"?

the bit of info I gleaned from the toothless wonder in the passenger seat immediately after the truck screeches to a halt, is that they live on that road (possibly in that same stretch) and object to the bikers driving fast on the road. She mumbled something about them driving past her house.

epic train wreck for sure.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Another impatient driver.
    [video=youtube;pA7BASFqXIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA7BASFqXIw[/video]

Certainly not justifying the camero guy's actions, but the ladder truck certainly played a part in that accident. Ladder truck was intentionally antagonizing camaro guy who obviously wanted around him. Camaro guy was 100% in the wrong, but they all lost and brought some with them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That little backseat monitor gets you every time. I'm just afraid my kid's first words will be something like "watch out *******"

Reminds me of a joke...

Little kid is in Sunday school and the teacher asks the class what they know about Jesus. Little kid raises his hand and the teacher calls on him. He says, "Well, Jesus was born a long time ago to Mary and Joseph, and he can't drive." The teacher looks puzzled and says, "Well that's very good, but what do you mean He can't drive?" Kid says, "Well, just the other day I was riding with my dad and a car pulled out right in front of us. That made Dad really mad, and he yelled, 'Jesus Christ! Would you learn how to drive!?!'".

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    So you got off your motorcycle in a traffic jam to confront a hot headed driver directly behind you. You should count yourself lucky that your bike wasn't run over and you didn't get shot. Keep that behavior up and expect the results to change.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Certainly not justifying the camero guy's actions, but the ladder truck certainly played a part in that accident. Ladder truck was intentionally antagonizing camaro guy who obviously wanted around him. Camaro guy was 100% in the wrong, but they all lost and brought some with them.

I agree and feel sorry for the trucker that got caught up in the stupidity.

Top Bottom