• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Chamber check!!!!!! The chamber on my STI is very tight. I check my 40 rounds with it. if they don't fit into that chamber they go into practice bucket. 99.999999 percent of those will case gauge and fire. I have only had 1 in 2 years that would not chamber in practice. And yes it locked the pistol up good... Also I have help with the gauging/chamber checking process. And for those that say AINT GOT TIME FOR DAT S#17. Your way to busy, Are you sure you have time to shoot?

Better safe than SORRY. I still like my BOOGER pickers right where they are!!!!

Last edited:

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    BS on that.

I like not having to chamber check or gauge ammo to know it works. That's one of the most mindnumbingly awful things one can do, besides watching cartoons with the grandkids

YMMV

I recall seeing you with a few death jams in the past..

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    ha! yea, I pretty much only use mine when setting up a new cartridge. I might spot check a couple rounds per batch these days. I used to check all my .38super I would take to majors, but it always felt like a waste of time.

-rvb

"waste of time"...Says the guy still manually loading primer tubes. :):

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never tried a Undersize die from Lee or EGW. Never had any reason, as all the dies sets I ever bought brought the brass to SAMMI spec. I also do not reused 'glocked' brass, I pitch them in the scrap bucket. I only ever had one complete set of Dillon dies, mostly I use Lee for pistol calibers and I like the Redding competition dies for rifle. The common element to all the sets of die heads for the 550b has always been Dillon taper dies in the final station. I will use Lee, RCBS or lyman bullet crimp dies backed out as a bullet seater only. The last station will close the case mouths with the Dillon taper die. Kind of like a final sizer. I think the more gentle taper avoids a bump .100" back from the mouth and eliminates a lot of feed problems.

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    Chamber check!!!!!! The chamber on my STI is very tight. I check my 40 rounds with it. if they don't fit into that chamber they go into practice bucket. 99.999999 percent of those will case gauge and fire. I have only had 1 in 2 years that would not chamber in practice. And yes it locked the pistol up good... Also I have help with the gauging/chamber checking process. And for those that say AINT GOT TIME FOR DAT S#17. Your way to busy, Are you sure you have time to shoot?

Better safe than SORRY. I still like my BOOGER pickers right where they are!!!!

I'm going to side with Dan on that one. I'll check them all day. Its the bullet pulling that is mind numbing. I've decided that my bullet puller is best when its safe in the drawer.

On Facebook, Glock Club Phillipines got into showing pictures of shot up hands. No thanks to that! It was enough to scare the heck out me and order up some instant clot to keep in my range bag....

Top Bottom