• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    On my last two trips to the range, I have been using the Podavach U-Loader to load AK 47/74 mags as well as AR mags, both USGI and P-Mags.
    A friend of mine bought this for me for Christmas 2 years ago, and I have just started using it.

It does look rather "gimmicky" at first glance, although it does work well.
    I tried it with a variety of AK mags, although the only pics that weren't blurry are of one of my plum '74 mags.
    As far as saving time loading mags, that is up for debate. You do have to line up all your rounds and then push them into the mag with the little wood block thingy.
    Yes I know how technical that sounded. I didn't time using the loader vs. using my thumb to individually load the mags. I've been using my thumb for 40 + years loading mags.
    So I can load them quickly if need be.

I guess what I'm getting at, is it may not save time per sey, it does however save your thumb.
    Would I go out of my way to buy one? Probably not, as I mentioned it was a gift from a good friend. I typically do not get rid of gifts, so I decided to use it after 2 years of owning it.
    It is now a staple with the rest of my range gear. Mine came with the canvas/nylon case. Looking at them now, that is sold separately.

I will say, it is well made, and does work well with all the different types of mags I used.
    The back says it is in use with Ukraine Special Forces, whether it is or isn't, only the Ukrainian Military can answer that.

Onto the pics.

20240225_134731.jpg
    Case with morale patches.

20240225_125914.jpg

20240225_125924.jpg

20240225_125955.jpg

Hopefully some of you will find this as good information and an un-biased review.
    To be honest, I did not search INGO too see if a review has been done on this, so I hope it's not redundant.
    And if some of you own one and have used it, I'm curious what your thoughts are?

Top Bottom