• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Got a call from a Lugar pollster today. When he asked who I would vote for, I let him know that since "The Honorable Richard Lugar" doesn't believe in the constitution, and specifically the second amendment, I along with a few thousand other firearm owners would not be voting for him.

He asked me what would change my mind. I told him a public apology from the good Senator acknowledging his mistakes for not supporting second amendment rights might be a good start, but that I doubt people would believe him.

The polling person thanked me, we spoke a bit longer on the subject, then said good by. I feel good, but doubt it did any good.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Tool sure won't get my vote again-yes I have voted for him in the past :dunno:

Interesting. Suppose he wins the nomination. Now it's between him and a democrat. A democrat that could extend a liberal majority in the senate. Now suppose Obama wins and gets to nominate another SCOTUS justice?

Believe me, I sympathize with the frustration with lugar. But an imperfect conservative is better than another stooge for Harry Reid, IMHO. Yeah I know Luger will simply confirm any "qualified" nominee Obama will put up, but my goal is to fire as many liberals as possible and prevent new ones from getting their foot in the door.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Got a call from a Lugar pollster today. When he asked who I would vote for, I let him know that since "The Honorable Richard Lugar" doesn't believe in the constitution, and specifically the second amendment, I along with a few thousand other firearm owners would not be voting for him.

He asked me what would change my mind. I told him a public apology from the good Senator acknowledging his mistakes for not supporting second amendment rights might be a good start, but that I doubt people would believe him.

The polling person thanked me, we spoke a bit longer on the subject, then said good by. I feel good, but doubt it did any good.
    At least YOU, got a call.....

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Interesting. Suppose he wins the nomination. Now it's between him and a democrat. A democrat that could extend a liberal majority in the senate. Now suppose Obama wins and gets to nominate another SCOTUS justice?

Believe me, I sympathize with the frustration with lugar. But an imperfect conservative is better than another stooge for Harry Reid, IMHO. Yeah I know Luger will simply confirm any "qualified" nominee Obama will put up, but my goal is to fire as many liberals as possible and prevent new ones from getting their foot in the door.
    Then, be sure to VOTE in the PRIMARY, and that won't happen.....

BBill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    I just got a form letter from Dan Coats. He said he will not support it or any legislation that he believes contravenes the Second Amendment. Clinton is an ENEMY of our Country's Sovereignty.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

He doesn't even qualify as an imperfect conservative. Evan Bayh voted better on guns and some other issues than Lugar. I dislike Joe Donnelly but he may very well vote better than Lugar. I will not vote for Lugar again. I will write in rambone before I would make that mistake again.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There are now 45 Republicans and 12 Democrats who have signed letters to President Obama and Secretary Clinton voicing their opposition to a pending Arms Treaty in the U.N.
    Only two Republicans didn't sign the letters. You guessed it, Lugar is one of them.

Democrats Oppose Obama-U.N. Gun Control Treaty - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Hillary signed onto it? That surprises me.

on edit: I OBVIOUSLY need more coffee...misread the post......Hillary is the problem.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

I had nearly the same experience...and told them exactly the same thing.

Catsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Ft Wayne
    I sent an email to numerous congressmen. Below is the response I rec'd from Congressman Mike Pence. I am somewhat encouraged... at least it doesn't read like your "run-of-the-mill" form letter.

Dear Paul:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the use of foreign law in American courts and H.R. 973. It was a pleasure to hear from you.

As you may know, Representative Sandy Adams of Florida introduced H.R. 973 on March 9, 2011. If enacted into law, it would amend the federal judicial code to prohibit federal courts from deciding any issue on the authority of foreign law, except to the extent that the Constitution or an Act of Congress require such consideration.

The bill has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee of which I am currently a member. As a cosponsor of H.R. 973, I look forward to supporting this measure either in committee or on the House floor. Quite simply, I do not believe the American people should be subjected to laws not enacted by the American government. Our system of self governance is unique throughout the world and the use of foreign law in our courts would erode the very foundations upon which the United States was built.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve in the United States House of Representatives and have the benefit of your advice. If you would like more information on this or any other issue, please visit my website at http://mikepence.house.gov

Warmest regards,

Mike Pence
    https://iqs3.solutions.lmit.com/iqe...7.9163155&redirect=http://mikepence.house.gov

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I sent an email to numerous congressmen. Below is the response I rec'd from Congressman Mike Pence. I am somewhat encouraged... at least it doesn't read like your "run-of-the-mill" form letter.

Dear Paul:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the use of foreign law in American courts and H.R. 973. It was a pleasure to hear from you.

As you may know, Representative Sandy Adams of Florida introduced H.R. 973 on March 9, 2011. If enacted into law, it would amend the federal judicial code to prohibit federal courts from deciding any issue on the authority of foreign law, except to the extent that the Constitution or an Act of Congress require such consideration.

The bill has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee of which I am currently a member. As a cosponsor of H.R. 973, I look forward to supporting this measure either in committee or on the House floor. Quite simply, I do not believe the American people should be subjected to laws not enacted by the American government. Our system of self governance is unique throughout the world and the use of foreign law in our courts would erode the very foundations upon which the United States was built.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve in the United States House of Representatives and have the benefit of your advice. If you would like more information on this or any other issue, please visit my website at http://mikepence.house.gov

Warmest regards,

Mike Pence

Isn't it a shame that something that ought to be a "no-brainer" now requires legislation to insure? Another benefit of 100 years of progressivism.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Catsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Ft Wayne
    Senator Dan Coats reply to my Small Arms Treaty email

Just received this letter in the mail today... not an email reply...

"Dear Paul:

Thank you for contacting me to share your concerns for the United Nations Small Arms Treaty. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you.

On July 22, 2011, I joined Senator Jerry Moran and several other colleagues in sending a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that encourages the Obama Administration to uphold our country's constitutional protections of civilian firearms ownership and states that the senate will oppose ratification of an Arms Trade Treaty that in any way restricts the rights of law-abiding U.S. citizens to manufacture, assemble, possess, transfer or purchase firearms, ammunition, and related items.

I will not support any legislation that I believe contravenes the Second Amendment. I am a proud supporter of the Second Amendment and I will oppose any law that infringes upon gun ownership rights for responsible, law abiding citizens.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me in the future regarding other issues that are important to you.

Sincerely,

Dan Coats
    "

By FAR a better response than I've received from any congressman/representative that I emailed regarding this issue.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I wrote Lugar several months ago and ask him to join Evan in retirement. Lugar has overstayed his welcome in Washington. He's over 80 years old and very unstable on his feet. He's done very little to nothing for Indiana except holding a seat for the Republican party. As long as I can remember we've been giving this man a pass. Now its time to send someone to Washington who feels mandated to put this country back on track to greatness. Lugar set at the table while and watched our nation decline and said nothing.

Top Bottom