• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Why the sad face?

I don't know if this memo has been circulated yet; but America living on borrowed time. BROKE.

The so-called fiscal conservatives are simply going to have to come around to the idea that the military's Trillion dollar annual budget is ridiculously excessive and is part of the problem.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    If you ask me, they need to be cut more - this "terrorism" thing is nothing but hype, man. How about we properly education this nation, rather than being the bulldogs of the world.

JMHO

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It's time to take our bat and ball and go home. Let the rest of the world police itself for a change. If they want help, they can tell us where to drop the nuke.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    According to Dictionary.com terror is "violence or threats of violence used for intimidation or coercion."

So by fighting the "War on Terror" are we also waging a war against ourselves? I mean, since we are using violence to coerce people to stop using violence to coerce people....

It seems like a pretty hard war to win. I'm still not even sure how we win against terror in the first place. Even ignoring my petulant comments above as silly.

Back on topic though. Everything government is going to face cuts, because it has to. We do not have the money.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Back on topic though. Everything government is going to face cuts, because it has to. We do not have the money.

I said, I can understand having to cut something in the Dept of Defense. I want a lean, mean fighting machine.

Shouldn't everyone want their government to be lean, and protective of everyone's rights.

How about we cut out all the different service rivalries, and use common mechanical systems. Define needs going into the future.

I also think they should agree to raising the debt limit some, short term.

But only if a budget framework is agreed to. With stipulations such as, Defense will cut 10% from their next 2 budgets. Also implementing a commission to consolidate, cut and eliminate programs which are inefficient, duplicate, or no longer needed.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    what i find funny is that they keep talking about have to shut down "non essential services" if this budget isn't agreed upon. what i keep wondering is if these services are "non essential" then why the heck do we have them in the first place? shut it all down!
    :ranton:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There is so much waste in virtually every government program that if they were to just cut that in half they would be well on their way to saving this country from itself.

What we need is another agency to look into the budget cuts that the last agency suggested, and then recommend the same thing, over and over and over and...

Top Bottom