• ...and so much more!
  • gunman45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    indianapolis
    What's their handgun selection like?

They have a really good selection on handguns. Some gun stores have way more long guns than handguns but that isn't the case with them. They have a good variety on different handguns. I would say they probably have one of the best selections on Glocks if you are a Glock fan. They also have a good variety of Kydex holsters.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I like them. They are very helpful and make excellent use of their shop space. No fluff, just good stuff.

I have to say, many gun shops make use of "family members" who can't really help you...they have people on their staff who are "A-players," and then some who are not. Everyone on USDS' staff seems to be an "A-player." It doesn't matter who you deal with, you don't get this, "Uhhh, I need to ask so-and-so about that..." Everybody there seems up to snuff. USDS deserves a prop for investing in good people.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    What about GiGi the GoldenDoodle? I have to take my kids there just to see her. I shoot IDPA with Chad and he also goes to my Church. He is a class act all around. Great place to ask questions and buy firearms. I bought my Springer from them a little over a year ago. -Jason

I saw Chad at my church a handful of months ago... Hmmmm

Great big place about a mile south of the store?

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I have completed a couple of transfers here, as well. Everyone has been friendly & helpful, in person, over the phone & online. I hope to do more business with them in the near future. Oh, they have their SOT, as well & a decent selection of cans.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I need to call USDS and see if they have any dust cover "c-clip" retainers. When I went to install my INGO dust cover, mine mysteriously vanished when I was taking off my old one.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    They are really nice about selling those small lower build kit parts for AR's cheap in case one shoots across the room and you can't find it while trying to do your build. Also, they really are your friendly neighborhood gun shop. I also find the nice Canine sales associate to be the best of the bunch over there =D.

gwingo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Indysub
    I agree with all the positive comments. I have done two transfers and my wife bought a G-43 there. Very easy to work with. I will probably go there today on my weekly used revolver hunt.

Cars0n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Southport
    Does their actual in-store selection mirror what they have online? There are a few guns I'd like to check out, but they don't have exactly what I'm looking for listed online.

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I need to check the place out. Is their ammo pricing reasonable?

I would compare it to most other local gun stores. They usually have a good selection of ammo especially .22. They have cut me deals if I buy other stuff with the ammo.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've done a few transfers through them. I think I've bought one gun from them too. When I couldn't find a Vickers tactical Glock 17 locally they were more than happy to do the transfer for me. Even installed all the Vickers parts for no extra cost, even though I didn't buy it from them. They helped me find a set of night sights I liked for it as well and after showing me the Trijicon set he had on one of his Glocks ( I think it was Chad? I can't remember but super nice guy maybe early 40's late 30's with dark hair) That is what I went with. He also gave me $60.00 off the Trijicons in trade for the Wilson Combat sights that came on it. They have since been helping a friend of mine build his first AR and from what my friend has said they have been exceptionally helpful.

Great shop and really cool bunch of guys. I need to go there more.

Top Bottom