• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I'm getting some laying chickens late this spring and I'm seriously considering building a hog pen and buying a couple of piglets as well. My fiancé and I just got done clearing an area to plant some fruit trees next year too. I've wanted to do it for a little while now, but articles like this really motivate me. I really just want some natural food, but it wouldn't hurt to have my own supply if the grocery stores all run out or have apples priced at $50.00 per bag.

If things are really going to turn out to be as bad as a lot of people think, I hope everyone has made a few preparations.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I'm getting some laying chickens late this spring and I'm seriously considering building a hog pen and buying a couple of piglets as well. My fiancé and I just got done clearing an area to plant some fruit trees next year too. I've wanted to do it for a little while now, but articles like this really motivate me. I really just want some natural food, but it wouldn't hurt to have my own supply if the grocery stores all run out or have apples priced at $50.00 per bag.

If things are really going to turn out to be as bad as a lot of people think, I hope everyone has made a few preparations.

They haven't. They'll just come kill you and eat your pigs.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    They haven't. They'll just come kill you and eat your pigs.

This is the best argument for "dont have anything, so that someone wont kill you for it" I have ever heard. /rolls eyes.

Obviously, preparing for your family to have a little redundancy is a good thing, ALSO prepare to fight back against people who come to kill you for it.

Having NOTHING for fear that someone might take it... lol. :n00b:

"Well, we starved to death, but at least nobody came and shot us..."

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    +1 Lash, +1 Dom.

The writing is on the wall. Ignore it at your own peril. There is nothing wrong with being prepared and self-sufficient.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    This is the best argument for "dont have anything, so that someone wont kill you for it" I have ever heard. /rolls eyes.

Obviously, preparing for your family to have a little redundancy is a good thing, ALSO prepare to fight back against people who come to kill you for it.

Having NOTHING for fear that someone might take it... lol. :n00b:

"Well, we starved to death, but at least nobody came and shot us..."

WTF? It's an argument for what? Are you trolling?

I didn't realize preparing your family for redundancy was a good thing. I haven't posted like 15 posts on that very subject today on this forum. You might want to get out of the politics section once in a while. Do you ever spend any time in the SHTF section? Did you know there is one?

I've NEVER talked about the need to mentally prepare yourself to kill somone over a twinkie someday. Ever. Oh wait. Yes I do. Today even.

I've never talked about pirates coming to steal your stuff, and how to prevent it. Don't believe me? Go over to the SHTF section and read any of the top five current threads. You won't see me say anthing this morning about how to protect yourself and your property.

You need to get out more. That's a lot more to this site than tweakers hatin on the government, know what I'm sayin?

+1 Lash, +1 Dom.

The writing is on the wall. Ignore it at your own peril. There is nothing wrong with being prepared and self-sufficient.

Yeah. I AM prepared. I AM capable of self sufficiency. I'll kill someone to protect my pigs, even though I don't eat pork. How you doin?

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have been stocking up on perishable items. If something major happened I would pack all my guns and ammo to my parents house. Between my Dad and I we have quit a collection.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    WTF? It's an argument for what? Are you trolling?

I didn't realize preparing your family for redundancy was a good thing. I haven't posted like 15 posts on that very subject today on this forum. You might want to get out of the politics section once in a while. Do you ever spend any time in the SHTF section? Did you know there is one?

I've NEVER talked about the need to mentally prepare yourself to kill somone over a twinkie someday. Ever. Oh wait. Yes I do. Today even.

I've never talked about pirates coming to steal your stuff, and how to prevent it. Don't believe me? Go over to the SHTF section and read any of the top five current threads. You won't see me say anthing this morning about how to protect yourself and your property.

You need to get out more. That's a lot more to this site than tweakers hatin on the government, know what I'm sayin?

Yeah. I AM prepared. I AM capable of self sufficiency. I'll kill someone to protect my pigs, even though I don't eat pork. How you doin?

Wow dude, wow.

YEESH. Seems like you might want to stock up on some pills. :yesway:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    First off, there is nothing wrong with being prepared. Bad things can happen.

However, some people are reading way more into that Bloomberg article than is really there. A little ECON101: A weaker dollar isn't necessarily good or bad. A weaker dollar simply means that imports cost more and exports are cheaper. If you are planning to buy a German car or take your next vacation in Japan, that's bad. If you are selling machinery to a foreign country, it's good. It will make the price of American-made goods more attractive relative to imported items. This could mean more work for people at home vs. shipping more jobs overseas.

My comments are not meant to imply that the problems with the deficit can be ignored. It just seems like some people are looking for an excuse to panic, and this story ain't it folks. Every other major country has a huge stake in the US dollar; if it goes to hell, it takes everybody, not just us with it.

Also, I think that some people harbor a secret fantasy of fending for themselves in a post-meltdown world. No matter how prepared you are, living in such a world won't be pleasant. If too many people have an attitude of "WHEN it happens" vs. "IF it happens", it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Easy guys. I think we're all essentially on the same page here. Prepare for the worst. Mental preparation is just as important as any other form of preparation. I believe that's all SemperFi meant.

As for pirates coming here to kill me and eat my pigs. First off, I live back in the woods. Few people know I live here and no one knows about the livestock (that I don't have yet). Anyone looking to get back in here without me knowing it to kill me, good luck. I pack all day and I work from home 90% of the time. It also doesn't hurt knowing I'm a good shot. I'm decently prepared, except on the food, which I'm looking to solve this spring.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Does anyone else see this as the scary scenario that I do?

China and Russia trade partners? Next they'll be allies, then go into cahoots to steamroll over the world!

With NK and SK trading shots across each others bows, that will be the flashpoint for the next great conflict.

Just my :twocents:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    ...and so it begins.

When Saudi Arabia stops using the dollar as the standard for oil sales, our currency will be worthless on the global market and guess what kiddies... we're screwed.

That's probably why we just sold the Saudi's a whole new airforce in the largest arms deal in US history... it was probably a pay-off to keep using our currency.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    China & Russia quit using US $$$ ~ is this the start of the Collapse of our money?

China and Russia have joined into a pact to eliminate the use of the US dollar in all bi-lateral trade between the two nations.

I have to wonder if this will lead to the collapse of our dollar as the world currency.

Russia has the worlds richest supplies of natural resources, is one of the largest oil exporters, timber producers, etc.

China is the world most productive manufacturing nation and holds the greatest manufacturing potential and capacity.

From China Daily: China, Russia quit dollar

Top Bottom