• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    They say they're just doing it to monitor the situation. I have serious doubts about that, given their past intervention in the Arab uprisings. With Syria's capture of Turkish spies we could see things edging towards yet another NATO intervention. Gotta wonder how Obama will see this. Will it be advantageous in an election year or will it work to his disadvantage, given the anti-war sentiments of his wing of the party's base? Obama does love his drone war, tho. Not filled with faith on this one. First Syria, then Iran?

Report: U.S. drones flying over Syria to monitor crackdown - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Maybe he just wants Syria to have one of those new fancy drones.
    I mean, they already donated a neat one the people of Iran.
    :dunno:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Before the year is out, there will be war between Israel and Iran. Proxies and allies of both nations will be increasingly involved escalating to the brink of WWIII by the end of 2013.

This is the road we are on.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It will not be a war between Israel and Iran. It will be a war between the US and Iran. We will automatically be pulled in and be fighting. That's the problem with entangling alliances. We are too closely entangled with Israel to avoid being pulled in. All because of some peoples superstitions. On the same day Israel attacks them, our forces in the region will come under attack. Ships in the Gulf and bases on the ground. The people in the Pentagon and WH already know this. They're just hoping it doesn't happen till after the election.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    It will not be a war between Israel and Iran. It will be a war between the US and Iran. We will automatically be pulled in and be fighting. That's the problem with entangling alliances. We are too closely entangled with Israel to avoid being pulled in. All because of some peoples superstitions. On the same day Israel attacks them, our forces in the region will come under attack. Ships in the Gulf and bases on the ground. The people in the Pentagon and WH already know this. They're just hoping it doesn't happen till after the election.

As I said, proxies and allies.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Sure his party base is anti war. But i think its just anti wars that repubs start. I havent heard any of Obamas base say anything about Libya, except Ghadafi had to go etc

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Gee, I hope they don't kill anyone in the Syrian government. That would be terrible if some of those thugs died in a fireball.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is the kind of thing that gives one country a valid reason to declare war on another.

Yep, this is pretty heinous.

It's not like they've ever supported international terrorism, trained terrorist organizations inside their country, or aided our enemies.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Before the year is out, there will be war between Israel and Iran. Proxies and allies of both nations will be increasingly involved escalating to the brink of WWIII by the end of 2013.

This is the road we are on.

'fraid you might be right, Josey. (Then, again, if we could just get them to sit down and talk with Joe Biden ...)

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Syria is in worse condition than many people think. The government knows they are on borrowed time and have decided to kill their own people in the streets.

I have a Syrian friend on another forum (who has managed to get out of that hell hole) and he claims the military is going house to house killing and/or evicting/looting. Without any media allowed into the country to document to display whats going on its been hard for the UN to get the support they need to go in.... but recently videos have been put on youtube to get whats really happening out to those who need to see it.

I suspect that Russia and China won't block UN intervention next time its on the table and my guess is that these drones are there to confirm what they already know.

As far as the US getting involved... they might financially, but I don't see Obama putting boots on the ground this close to re-election..... ANYWHERE... including Iran (unless of course that country gets way out of hand).

No politician right now is going to want to sign off on that this close to an election... We will be in Iran by the end of 2013 though.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I just watched 1984 again on Netflix last night. God... Orwell was a prophet on this perpetual war thing.
    Surely you have heard of all the terrible ways the Eastasians behave. They hate our way of life. Big Brother loves us. We need this war to achieve peace.

300px-Ingsoc_salute.jpg

Top Bottom