U.S. Navy submarine smashes through several feet of polar ice.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was sitting in a room that was a study / library area. The next room over was for making copies, had a copy machine. One thing about emergency assent is that if anyone forgot to fasten anything down securely prior to the sea trial it will become obvious while during the EA. The EA was in progress, when from the copy room came the sound of a large crash and breaking glass. Once everything settled down on the surface, one of the crew emerged from the copy room, black from head to toe with toner from the broken copy machine. Looked like something out of an old minstrel show. Very funny, except maybe for the guy who forgot to tighten the retaining nuts! :):

Lots of things can go south then.
    Books not properly secured can hurt when hundreds of pound of them come flying at you.
    Toilet water flows out of the bowl, which is why you're not supposed to have water in them until you use them.
    Kool Aid can flow out of the "bug juice" machine if whoever makes it forgets the floor makes angles.
    (not my pic)
    bugjuice.jpg

Image if this had been filled higher.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I was sitting in a room that was a study / library area. The next room over was for making copies, had a copy machine. One thing about emergency assent is that if anyone forgot to fasten anything down securely prior to the sea trial it will become obvious while during the EA. The EA was in progress, when from the copy room came the sound of a large crash and breaking glass. Once everything settled down on the surface, one of the crew emerged from the copy room, black from head to toe with toner from the broken copy machine. Looked like something out of an old minstrel show. Very funny, except maybe for the guy who forgot to tighten the retaining nuts! :):

Thats funny.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I tend to yell at the screen during submarine movies.
    So, maybe I'll pass on this one. Bad for the blood pressure.

Kind of like when I see T-38s (the T is for Trainer, they don't carry any armament) bombing the crap out of the enemy? Or the naked F-4 dropping napalm on the V-C?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    HEY new movie out this weekend... go see it so you can denny it... :D

https://www.hunterkiller.movie/

I tend to yell at the screen during submarine movies.
    So, maybe I'll pass on this one. Bad for the blood pressure.

Probably.

Best sub movie that requires no yelling... Das Boot.

We went and saw HK last night, even the GF enjoyed it! Of course neither of us are/were submariners. I know little about them but had to laugh at some of the stuff although I do constantly tell myself that the laws of physics, reality, etc don't apply in hollywierd. The best scene for that last night was the US attack sub moving up the fjord towards polyarny with a rescued Russian sub captain acting as navigator. They are looking for a secret passage and when they find it the order is hard left NOW! As if that beast corners like a slot car. Of course the exterior shot does show it cornering like a slot car!:rockwoot:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just found this meme (pic)
    This is what it's like when you make a long deployment and you can't store all the cans of food where they're supposed to go.
    You walk on the cans.
    This pic is berthing compartment.
    46712847_10209999704148210_6357713464042979328_n.jpg

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I would have never imagined, nor can I now imagine, that submarines would have copy machines. I think I've watched too many WW2 movies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would have never imagined, nor can I now imagine, that submarines would have copy machines. I think I've watched too many WW2 movies.

The navy runs on paperwork.
    Equipment's probably better now, but copiers were newer in the 80s, ours was a "Savin"
    Between the shocks, vibrations, and atmospheric contaminants it was always breaking.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    The worst ones were the liquid toner machines. The introduction of dry toner was awesome. Even on the 'targets' where I came from.

Top Bottom