• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    U.S. Representative Dan Webster (R-FL) distributed a watch list after local activists asked him questions during his town hall meetings. The list includes names, photographs, and pertinent details about the his own constituents, and the materials were photocopied and distributed at his meetings to intimidate the activists.

U.S. Rep. Dan Webster acknowledges distributing 'watch list' of local activists
    Instead, the material distributed by the Winter Garden Republican's office this spring has created a stir of its own because it included a watch list of six Central Floridians — with names and multiple photographs — who spoke at Webster town halls earlier this year. It listed their ties, some accurate and some not, to progressive activist groups, and in one case questioned a speaker's service in Vietnam.

"I think it's pretty weird. Someone asks a legitimate question, and all of the sudden somebody's got a dossier on you," said Orlando resident Ron Parsell, 66, one of the six named. "It's the type of thing they'd do in old Russia."
    It turns out that another GOP congressman, U.S. Rep. Tim Griffin (R-AR) was involved in the watch-listing efforts as well.
    GOP Congressmen Put Constituents Who Asked Tough Questions On A ‘Watch List’
    With black and white photos that resemble police surveillance, some of them pulled from the individuals’ Facebook profiles, the memo is clearly meant to intimidate these six people and anyone else who might stand up and ask a question of their elected representative. At a Griffin town hall, staffers were handing out the Watch List to attendees, calling it their “homework.” Griffin staffers were also spotted taking photos and shooting video of attendees, creating an extra layer of intimidation.

Reps. Dan Webster (R-FL) and Tim Griffin (R-AR)

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Now isn't this just great? People that were actually supported by probably the more conservative amongst us being put on a watch list because they wanted to know what was going on behind closed doors. You have to have your head buried deep in the sand to think that these guys are actually working for our well-being. Compared to some of the other things that are being implemented without our knowledge and approval, O'Bummercare is petty cash. I began distrustion politicians when venerable old Birch Bayh came to my high school way back in 1967 or there abouts. I can remember him using a lot of words, but saying nothing to them when they wanted to know about the draft and their chances of going to southeast Asia. Some of our own people today make him look like a nice honest guy. I think he might have defeated an old boy named Homer Capehart. Old Birch was slick and the liberal school administration stepped in and gave the poor little baby as much protection as he needed from those nasty high school senior boys who were very concerned about their futures. Ever since that day, I have not trusted a one of them no matter what they say or how much they pray. When they start cutting their retirements as they are doing to ours, then I will maybe possibly start to trust some of them once again. How many have you heard say that they would cut their own pensions or not take that next raise or go on O"Bummercare? I venture to say not a one. I could be wrong, but I need to hear some specifics and be shown that I am wrong. They are all corrupt.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I made the watch list for the congressman from evansville..... He got mad at his staff when they missed spotting me. He lost the last election.

I'm sure Mr. Hill had me on a watch list................

See sign line..........

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    They should be afraid of us! We hold the power to vote them out, and should use it to do just that, vote them out!!!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    U.S. Representative Dan Webster (R-FL) distributed a watch list after local activists asked him questions during his town hall meetings. The list includes names, photographs, and pertinent details about the his own constituents, and the materials were photocopied and distributed at his meetings to intimidate the activists.

It turns out that another GOP congressman, U.S. Rep. Tim Griffin (R-AR) was involved in the watch-listing efforts as well.

Reps. Dan Webster (R-FL) and Tim Griffin (R-AR)

Well, Obama has been doing it since he got elected. I guess it was only a matter of time before the right started doing it too. Maybe if everyone in the country is on the list it won't be such a big deal....:dunno:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well, Obama has been doing it since he got elected. I guess it was only a matter of time before the right started doing it too.

The Watch List mentality has been thriving since before Obama got into politics. Think back a littler further, to the father of the DHS, TSA, Patriot Act, etc.

Point being... "Left" & "Right" don't tell us anything about the constitution or liberty. It is a false debate, a rigged paradigm.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The Watch List mentality has been thriving since before Obama got into politics. Think back a littler further, to the father of the DHS, TSA, Patriot Act, etc.

Point being... "Left" & "Right" don't tell us anything about the constitution or liberty. It is a false debate, a rigged paradigm.

I wonder how many more pages this thread would be already if this were 2 democrats putting their constituents on the list.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    In Indiana we have the Right to instruct our Public officials. The only power Goverment understands is violence if it understood Reason and Freedom we wouldn't need to instruct them.

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    They have been taking military members and putting them on the no buy no fly list. sometimes going back and changing their military records and showing that they had PTSD then giving that as the reason of the no buy. allot of the people are not even told why they were put on the list.
    It is just a start gun control thru no buy. A governmental watch without congress.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    . I do not want to see our elected officials in fear to meet with us.
    Do you really think these dopes would knowingly put themselves in a dangerous situation? These people don't care about some "town hall" meeting, it's just a way for them to throw us a bone, get us off their backs for a while. Not trying to be mean, but really, what does anybody expect from these "meetings"? That some politician will actually hear what his constituents say and go do something about it? This problem, and these people, are way beyond the point of being reasoned with, or listening to a legitimate complaint from a concerned citizen. The fear that they may feel is solely their doing, but guess who gets put on a list, or made into a criminal. We are so far from what America is supposed to be, I'm not sure if it can ever be fixed.

Last edited:

Terry Barker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I'm from the Goverment...and I'm here to help you!

Don't just look for the R or D after a canidates name...do the research and see where they stand. Vote for those who will uphold their constitutional duties! Don't be fooled by their words....look at their voting record. Sen. Lugar is now trying to act like a Tea Party Conservative...don't be fooled.

Time to take our country back.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm from the Goverment...and I'm here to help you!

Don't just look for the R or D after a canidates name...do the research and see where they stand. Vote for those who will uphold their constitutional duties! Don't be fooled by their words....look at their voting record. Sen. Lugar is now trying to act like a Tea Party Conservative...don't be fooled.

Time to take our country back.
    Been doing this since way before it was cool, Terry, hopefully it catches on and more people start thinking before voting. I have to say I'm not real confident that will happen, though.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Trying to disarm the Veteran, EVERY way they can.

Via what I'd consider to be the back-door my V.A. Psychiatrist tried to deny me the right to EVEN A P P L Y n for my LTCF, by refusing to give me the letter required by the new (post-HSA) rules as embodied in the new License App. Question #4 (IIRC) asks, "... have you ever been seen by a mental health professional or psychiatrist?" The old form asked about "... involuntary commitment... " I answered the new question correctly, as I do voluntarily attend scheduled group therapy with other old, and newer, veterans. The clerk at the local Police Station said they'd hold my app until I got that letter. I went to the V.A. and asked my shrink for the letter, and got: "Oh Oh NO, I never ever not give such of kind a letter for dat!" (Shrink is from Phillipines.) So I gave my credentials and statements from all involved in two letters, one to Mike Pence (my Senator) and also to Dan Burton (Senator of the District where the V.A. facility is located.) Within 2 weeks I had the Director of the V.A. Psych. facility call me twice -- and it was on the week-end! I gave my story again, and in the next week I got the letter that the license application needed. The enemy will try anything. And by "enemy" I mean the force responsible for that "minor change" in the license application : our U.S. Government as currently comprised. EBG

Top Bottom