• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'd go semi auto pistol. Like Glock or m&p. Because a revolver can stopped if the perp grabs and keeps the cylinder from rotating. A semi auto will still fire even if they are gripping the gun. As close as that will be to you then grabbing your gun become a real possibility.

You'll be able to fire the one round that is in the chamber but a hand wrapped around the slide and barrel portion will prevent the gun from cycling.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    :+1: Agreed, and will add there are enemies to the Constitution and America who may indeed troll for just such info. While there are many (most, by far) data breaches we cannot control, this data we can control. And should!

Don't let Mom's Denied Action target your business...they have shown over and over that they will indeed do just that.

Please, please remove your personally identifiable info Josh!

Thank God! I was beginning to think I was stuck in the twilight zone!

Dont post on here for a year and come back. Some how Lose my street cred, go back to "plinker" status. And now this.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You'll be able to fire the one round that is in the chamber but a hand wrapped around the slide and barrel portion will prevent the gun from cycling.
    Even without the perp hand, the weapon may still only fire the round in the chamber because if the grip angle is weird then limp wristing may result.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    I thought about your situation as I was driving... *snip*
    If I have a carjacker in the car with a gun/knife on me, there's very little I would be able to do except maybe drive really fast into something or slam on my breaks if he's not wearing a seat belt. The scenario I'm thinking of is if my Spidey-senses are tingling before someone gets into my car. In that case, I would have my left hand on the pistol ready to draw before they get in.

Again, I need to keep my weapon concealed from view to a passenger but still accessible. A holster under the steering wheel would be visible to a front seat (and probably back seat) passenger. I still think a holster clipped to my driver's door pocket would be best. A knife concealed nearby and accessible is a good idea as well.
    HAHA! Not a stalker, just using the public info you gave to me sir! :cool:
    That's what they all say...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If I have a carjacker in the car with a gun/knife on me, there's very little I would be able to do except maybe drive really fast into something or slam on my breaks if he's not wearing a seat belt. The scenario I'm thinking of is if my Spidey-senses are tingling before someone gets into my car. In that case, I would have my left hand on the pistol ready to draw before they get in.

Again, I need to keep my weapon concealed from view to a passenger but still accessible. A holster under the steering wheel would be visible to a front seat (and probably back seat) passenger. I still think a holster clipped to my driver's door pocket would be best. A knife concealed nearby and accessible is a good idea as well.

That's what they all say...

I was able to find you in 2 sec as well through your business w/ phone number if I was an anti gun troll or snitch.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    :+1: Agreed, and will add there are enemies to the Constitution and America who may indeed troll for just such info. While there are many (most, by far) data breaches we cannot control, this data we can control. And should!

Don't let Mom's Denied Action target your business...they have shown over and over that they will indeed do just that.

Please, please remove your personally identifiable info Josh!

I was able to find you in 2 sec as well through your business w/ phone number if I was an anti gun troll or snitch.

We don't want you to be the next whocares or wonder where your Wallet is living at now.

I got full name, house address. Family members names. Age.... What time he works... That was in about 5 minutes....

Crazy stuff! Good thing we are the good guys.
    Very well. Point taken. Is that better?

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana

Looks good man! Nothing I can cross reference now to get your info! Btw I'm in finance and criminals use that crap all the time. Facebook cross referenced with whitepages.... Not good...

Anyway, I agree with you that mounting it to the door would be best. But for me I love my car and not willing to make that modification. Depending on the car the under the wheel mounts can be pretty good. It would be undetectable in my car.

Do you have a handgun now that you could used snap caps to practice with.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e-trooper-stole-my-wallet-arrested-me-73.html

If you feel like reading through all the pages you'll get a good idea of how having personal info listed leads to info you'd probably not want out.

Anyways now that's out of the way I have my S&W 3913 in my center console but situated just right so I can throw it open reach in and have my grip. I am looking to downsize to a bodyguard380 or lcp so i can close my console to keep prying eyes away while at work as we have a policy of no weapons since we're railroaders.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I am not a fan of off body carry. If your weapon is secured to the driver side door, could someone in the back seat make a play for it before you realized what was happening?

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    I agree with you that mounting it to the door would be best. But for me I love my car and not willing to make that modification. Depending on the car the under the wheel mounts can be pretty good. It would be undetectable in my car.

Do you have a handgun now that you could used snap caps to practice with.
    I wouldn't want a permanent mount. Drilling holes in my door doesn't do well for the resale value I would think. I'm thinking more along the lines of something that clips onto the door. Maybe something designed to clip onto a belt or some strong velcro?

No, I don't have a handgun at all right now. I'm in the process of getting my license, though.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah I like that idea. If you had a holster on your strong side you could go from door holster to your regular holster pretty easily. As far as used vs new guns go. As long as you stick to the major brands. Used would be fine. I've been hitting up some local pawn shops. You can get a used glock for 350 range.

Things to look for is wear on slide, rust in particular. Make sure the gun is unloaded and ask for a pen or pencil. Put the pen in the barrel and pull the trigger. You are looking to make sure the firing pen is wourking. Rack the slide and do it twice. Other than that it's what you personal preference is.

Do do you like the trigger, grip angle, sights, ergonomics...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Your set up, IMHO, should involve as little unholstering/reholstering as possible. The more you handle a firearm, the more opportunities for mistakes.
    Also.. What if a person wants a ride to the airport, and has trouble with their luggage and asks you to help? Do you open the door, exposing your firearm, or do you say "sorry, can't help ya"?

Shoulder holsters aren't in style right now, but would suit all of your requirements with a light jacket over it.

:twocents:

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    What if a person wants a ride to the airport, and has trouble with their luggage and asks you to help? Do you open the door, exposing your firearm, or do you say "sorry, can't help ya"?
    While driving for Uber since February, I have gotten out of my car twice to help someone with bags. If that situation arose, I would likely expose the firearm in the least conspicuous way possible. I could get out when they are out of the car and close my door behind me or temporarily unholster and put it under my seat. I'm not sure, but it's something to think about.

If your spidey senses are tingling, don't let that someone get in your car.:dunno:
    I don't plan to, but it wouldn't stop someone from trying something while outside of my car. In fact, I lock my doors anytime I'm in a questionable or non-public area to pick someone up. I confirm they are my passenger and use some common sense to evaluate the situation before I unlock my doors to let them in. I've never had to turn anyone away, but I have canceled trips in sketchy neighborhoods before they get there.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Honestly, I don't care how anti-gun Uber is. I never plan/hope to draw it. Part of the reason I want to conceal it is to make sure I'm not alarming any passengers. If I do need to draw it, being deactivated as an Uber driver is the least of my concerns.

:yesway:

Top Bottom