• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamesb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Nice, I shoot a Taylor's frontier model schofield in 45 Colt for CAS. Have you had it to the range, how does it cycle. What caliber is it and do you plan on using it with the holy black?

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    It is a 45 colt cal . Probably use smokeless because Uberti left off the gas ring on the cyl.It will go with my Uberti 73 in 45 colt
    Just got it , no range time yet

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Nice, I shoot a Taylor's frontier model schofield in 45 Colt for CAS. Have you had it to the range, how does it cycle. What caliber is it and do you plan on using it with the holy black?

I have a 7" 45 cal LC Uberti model, that has shoot flawlessly with over 4 or 500 rounds down the tube.. (Some of the Schofield clones do have some issues)

Some Minor issues

Have only shot Smokeless in it and because of the Gas rings being removed, after a just few rounds have been fired there will be lead and gunpowder residue staining on both sides of the barrel near the cylinder.. This can be removed with hoppies barrel cleaner..

Because the gun was designed for the shorter Schofield shells cases. Sometimes when you eject the 45 Colt brass the cases get trapped under the cylinder ejection star.. The best fix I have found for this is to turn the gun so that when you break it open, the brass is ejects down, with Gravity's help the brass seems never to get caught.

Ok from everything I have read about these clones the darn things shoot to the left a little. Mine is no exception.

Now with all that said it is a wonderful gun to shot, It does not feel as right in your hands as a SAA. But you will never regret owning one..

A great little economics on the Gun.. Schofield designed the gun off a S&W No 3 top break. Because S&W would have to pay Schofield a royalty for each gun sold,
    S&W would just push their own Top Breaks over the Schofields.. and the sales of Schofields where very low..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom