• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Upcoming pay-per-view fight for the welterweight belt, Dan Hardy attempting to take the belt from George St. Pierre.

Any INGO members have projections for the fight? I don't know very much about Hardy except what I've read on UFC.com regarding his stats. He's 23-6, with most of those fights not in the UFC. St. Pierre is 19-2.

I've seen good fights from both of them, but I think St. Pierre is likely to keep the belt.

OKAY INGO members, riddle me this:
    1) Who is the winner
    2) What skill or style will enable them to win
    3) Which round will the fight end, or will it go to a decision?

Here's mine:
    St. Pierre, in the third round, TKO by elbows.

I'll go one further; What will it take for Hardy to win? Do you think GSP has a weak spot Hardy can/should exploit? How can he edge out the victory?

Last edited:

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQxojv0Nb04"]YouTube - Georges St-Pierre Vs Dan Hardy UFC 111[/ame]

Personally, I can't stand GSP, but I respect what he's done and what he brings to the cage. I'd like to see him get beat, and I don't care who does it, but I don't think Dan Hardy's the man to do it. From what I've seen/read, Hardy is a stand up fighter, and successful at his craft. However, GSP will take it to the ground and submit him in the 2nd. Rear naked choke, arm bar, or heel lock.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    YouTube - Georges St-Pierre Vs Dan Hardy UFC 111

Personally, I can't stand GSP, but I respect what he's done and what he brings to the cage. I'd like to see him get beat, and I don't care who does it, but I don't think Dan Hardy's the man to do it. From what I've seen/read, Hardy is a stand up fighter, and successful at his craft. However, GSP will take it to the ground and submit him in the 2nd. Rear naked choke, arm bar, or heel lock.

Just out of curiousity, what is it that you don't like about GSP?

I'll go one further; What will it take for Hardy to win? Do you think GSP has a weak spot Hardy can/should exploit?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Just out of curiousity, what is it that you don't like about GSP?

I'll go one further; What will it take for Hardy to win? Do you think GSP has a weak spot Hardy can/should exploit?

how can anyone not like gsp. his only downfal is he is french. there isn't a classier guy in the sport (possible exception to the natural) honestly i dont think gsp will have a problem standing or on the ground with hardy, but ive been wrong before

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    GSP always has way of squeaking these things out, usually its his badarse ways and hard training, but still somehow has had a couple close ones.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    GSP always has way of squeaking these things out, usually its his badarse ways and hard training, but still somehow has had a couple close ones.

Which ones have been close?

Since his loss to Matt Serra nearly 3 years ago, he hasn't lost a single round...Actually he hasn't even come close to tying a round.

BTW, I think it will go into the championship rounds with GSP winning via GnP or maybe a decision with GSP winning by a score of no less than 50-45.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Which ones have been close?

Since his loss to Matt Serra nearly 3 years ago, he hasn't lost a single round...Actually he hasn't even come close to tying a round.

BTW, I think it will go into the championship rounds with GSP winning via GnP or maybe a decision with GSP winning by a score of no less than 50-45.

If I remember right he has only ever been on his back once and that was in his last fight I think.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If I remember right he has only ever been on his back once and that was in his last fight I think.

He's been on his back a few times, but the total amount of time he's been there is insanely minute...Literally seconds(albeit, maybe 120 of them).

I don't believe he was ever on his back in his last fight against Alves though.

duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Indianapolis- Broad Ripple
    GSP will probably take it in the second round with something totally outrageous. But I am more intrested in the Carwin v. Mir for the interm heavyweight championship. That is going to be a war I think.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Not to derail this thread, but don't forget that being on your back isn't necessarily bad for an MMA fighter. Some fighters prefer it, and can mount a solid offense while they look like they are defending.

GSP may prefer knees and elbows, but I wouldn't give him the opportunity for any kind of submission. He's physically large for the weight class and he would very likely have the gas to finish a submission if you gave him the shot.

Also, fighter on the ground can knock you out with the up-kick. It's not common but it sure is possible.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    GSP 2nd
    I am going with submission.
    The only thing Hardy could have going for him is having GSP to0 reluctant to tie it up alot. The fight with Penn last year and the next one after that he could have finished in the 3rd. Penn and if I remember right the other guy(wish I could remember who that was) were both gassed by the beginning of the 4th. GSP just wouldn't make much of an effort to try to finish it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Saw a replay of a Hardy fight last night on Spike.... Forget the guy's name, but he's the "Irish Hand Grenade" as a nickname. American guy, anyhow.

He just barely squeaked out this fight...a close split decision.

Watching these two go, it seemed that Hardy was better at his stand-up than on the ground.

I've watched several GSP fights (all be it delayed and on regular TV...)... And other than losing to Matt Serra a few years ago... That guy's a BEAST.

He wins in stand up and he wins on the ground. Or both.

Unless Hardy has come a LONG long way in his technique in the last 6 months... I don't think that he can win. Stamina-wise, he's there with GSP, but that's about it.

I won't call a round or by what he'll win. It may very well go the distance and be a split decision.

-J-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Saw a replay of a Hardy fight last night on Spike.... Forget the guy's name, but he's the "Irish Hand Grenade" as a nickname. American guy, anyhow.
    Marcus Davis the the Irish Hand grenade. Not Irish, and when he fought in a UFC promotion in Ireland, he changed his monicker, presumably due to fear for his safety. :D

Top Bottom