• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It doesn't make any difference what I think, but maybe rather than a like button, the likes show up when a post is + or - repped. Maybe when you clicked on the :yesway::noway: Icon it would show who had given rep.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It doesn't make any difference what I think, but maybe rather than a like button, the likes show up when a post is + or - repped. Maybe when you clicked on the :yesway::noway: Icon it would show who had given rep.

So, you want to bring the worst aspects of Faceborg to INGO? :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I got my first introduction to how this works in childhood. I has a book of Aesop's Fables (granted that few of them were likely the product of the Greek slave to whom they were attributed) which had a story about a woodsman with an attractive daughter. A lion decided that he wanted her for his wife, much to the woodsman's displeasure, but on the other hand, he was afraid to refuse. He ended up telling the lion that his daughter was afraid of those teeth and claws and wouldn't agree until he did something about that. A couple of days later, the lion came back showed his teeth removed and claws removed at which point the woodsman picked up a club and ran the lion off.

Reviewing this from a more mature perspective...

1. The woodsman presumed that because the lion was armed that he intended to use those arms on him.
    2. The standard argument of 'it's for the children' was employed.
    3. The formerly armed individual discovered how quickly the truth comes out that those who object to your relative strength are not pacifists, but merely object to how the balance of power is distributed, again, without considering that the balance may be entirely irrelevant, at least so far as the other person/side/faction is concerned (i.e., I have no intention of crashing through Shannon's window at 03:00 and opening fire with a super-scary 'assault rifle' killing machine with high capacity clips and a shoulder thingy that goes up, even though she is scared sh*tless of the fact I--and you, and you, and you--own guns).

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Tell me, were your parents bleeding heart liberals?

Put more emotion in it junior they don't care about facts just delivery. Maybe that is why a lot of performers are non thinking ...

Icejon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    This thread has officially gone off the rails then. Anyhow, most people in favor of not taking guns away don't understand that a ban on transfer of some guns is a generational ban. A little education of your local anti-gun mommy goes a long way. Remember, mom's demand action...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm breaking one of my own rules by linking to places like Salon, et al...

I think this is unnecessary. When you link to a site, just add a disclaimer about clicking the link(s). People can decide for themselves if they want to click a link or copy/paste it, or install an add-on for their browser that gives them complete control of the "referrer" header.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Democrats on INGO tell me to not worry about it because they can't get this stuff passed.

What would be the result if Democrats won consistent majorities? California, a state of consistent gun rights erosion. That's what.

But, you know, for the average gun owning Democrat, gun rights is secondary to the many more important issues. :rolleyes:

Conservatives Fudds will be among the first to turn you in should it ever happen. And anyone who believes that military and LE won't carry out such orders is fooling themselves. Yeah, there are a few among those professions who believe strongly about the individual RKBA, but there will be very few of those who will resist such orders thus trashing their careers, and those people will be replaced early on when they don't follow orders. And there are lots more who believe civilians aren't elite enough like they are to be allowed weapons. I don't fear the liberal whackadoodles out there, I fear the Bill Rugers of the world.

IF we get to that point where guns are banned and the laws limiting the power of the government to enforce domestic policy with military force have been repealed, and we need to worry about people with guns coming to confiscate our guns, it will be exactly because the whackadoodles are in charge.

So no. I fear whackadoodles first and foremost. The Fudds, sipping their morning joe, donned in their flannel jammies, watching good morning America, nodding in agreement with the ad hominems against the NRA and gun community, only get to be part of what you fear AFTER the whackadoodles have gained enough power enact whackadoodle laws.

Moral of the story, elect whackadoodles in the hopes of getting YOUR pet social change, you get whackadoodle laws in the process of obtaining your social utopia.

Why is that? Two-party system really, really, sucks.

Agreed but the whackadoodles have set this in motion.

Yeah, that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would argue that the whackadoodles aren't the problem. They are simply the numerical mass. It is the truly evil individuals who are steering these idiots who are the true problem. The whackadoodles are enables, as are the Fudds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Progressivism is a disease that infects liberals, conservatives, libertarians, greens, occupy " ", BLMers...many people of many causes and parties.

I've heard "progressivism" defined as a general pragmatic approach to achieving one's preferred social change. In other words, we "progress" faster by pushing society in the desired direction, using any means available, rather than letting individuals aggregate what "society" becomes by their own individual, natural preferences. Progressivism is indeed a disease. It is corrupt. It is tyrannical. Liberal progressives tend to use Alinsky as their playbook for progressing society towards their ideal. Republicans tend to use fear and the conservative proclivity for conformity to push theirs. Libertarians use logical extremes.

A big problem with progressivism, as Ben Shapiro put it, each generation of progressives are eaten by the next. The next generation wants to progress even further. We saw it with MISSOU fiasco.

Top Bottom