• ...and so much more!
  • coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    This ad is so confusing.

So he's teaching you had to build a "FULL AUTO GUN", and including the lower receiver, and 10.5" upper along with BOLT, but somehow NO FFL is required?

"I never had the balls to do it and I am removing the temptation."

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    The way I read it, the lower is not included. Just an upper and the sear parts kit, I think.

I still think I'd follow the Admiral's advice....

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Just the upper + parts + instructions on where to drill to make it full auto. Like the ATF never watches G/B. Men in Black are waiting to bust seller & buyer both. Then the headlines will read "Online Machine Gun ring broken up" :patriot:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I'm not too savvy with BATFE regulations, but couldn't a buyer have it shipped to an FFLand get a tax stamp for it to be legal?

Further more, if it's just an upper and a diagram, why would it be illegal?

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    "real deal parts kit to"
    the first picture is the upper mounted on my lower(not included).
    The barrel is chrome moly by E.R. Shaw with a 6 groove right hand 1 in 9 twist, hard manganese phosphate finish. Car length fat hand guard. The upper is complete and head spaced. Hate to let go of this as I will never be able to get another

Just a barrel and upper, and the kit it looks like.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I'm not too savvy with BATFE regulations, but couldn't a buyer have it shipped to an FFLand get a tax stamp for it to be legal?

Further more, if it's just an upper and a diagram, why would it be illegal?

As an SBR, yes. As an MG, no. Newly manufactured machine guns are illegal to possess.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    As an SBR, yes. As an MG, no. Newly manufactured machine guns are illegal to possess.
    Ah yes. I completely forgot this and was thinking they were just like any other NFA item.

Still though, with it not yet being converted, this doesn't seem to be illegal.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The upper could be sold as a pistol and no stamp needed. The MG mods are asking for trouble!

I'm still trying to figure out whether or not they are illegal. Sure they may raise red flags at the BATFE, and get you put under surveillance, but can you actually be charged with a crime for possessing them?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I agree with KW730 what's the problem?

The problem is he is selling instructions on how to make a machine gun, and supplying parts to do so. If you don't think it's a problem, try buying it, see what happens.

If you have blueprints to convert an AR into an M16, and have the parts and a short barreled upper, when you get out in 25 years, give me a call and tell me how it went.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    You could probably get in trouble for constructive intent/possession owning this without a registered FA lower receiver
    Actually what he has, is pictures that really aren't too clear, if the barrel has a flash suppressor or muzzle break to make it the 16" min, (I can't tell by the pics.) it is completely legal. Since he shows it on "his receiver" and IF it doesn't have a 16" barrel, unless he has a SBR stamp, he could be cited for that. Otherwise the remainder of the parts are not legally firearms so nothing he says actually is illegal. Actually the law is a little nebulous on the SBR provision since the advant of the Thompson contender and Encore kits came on the market - The ATF approved the kits to be sold knowing that if desired, the firearms could be assembled as a SBR as well as a Rifle or handgun, although it is illegal to do so, you are not in violation of the law to own one, as long as you have the proper components to actually assemble a rifle AND a handgun. However the fact that he did assemble (and took pictures) of that barrel and receiver, if it isn't 16" he could be charged. Doubt if they try though - too many if's.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    You could probably get in trouble for constructive intent/possession owning this without a registered FA lower receiver
    Nope, unless you have the FFL regulated lower receiver you don't legally have a firearm. In other words you can own a crate full of the remainder of the parts of an AR -including Short barrels, and you do not have the means to assemble an illegal SBR. You can sell the parts at a dime store without any FFL legally, the only regulated part is the receiver.

Top Bottom