• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Metro Police are worthless.... seriously worthless. You think US cops are fat and lazy go to London.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It really is a terrible situation in London and all across England. Although I am pretty sure that long arms are allowed in England? I talked to an Australian and he told me that although heavily regulated, you could own a shotgun but it must be kept at a gun club or something like that. Maybe England is similar? I can see the point that leaving your home and loved ones in order to get your firearm wouldn't be high on the list of desireable things.

It really is scary when you think how widespread these unrelated instances are becoming... Philly, Wisconsin, England, Greece.

& that has me thinking of some lecture our high school history teacher gave us about WW II. He stated that due to the high unemployment in Germany (ie. many youth and single men could NOT find jobs) and the massive debt Germany had to other nations due to WW I lead the an enviroment where Hitler could raise to power and promise all sort of change and tell the youth/single men that it was "abc"s fault for their situation.

Looking at the world now are we going down that path again? The unemployment rate around the world is high and even higher for the youth. NPR had a radio blur that in the US teenagers are going on their 3rd summer of not being able to find a summer job. So Jrs (who started looking for jobs when they were freshman) have only know a job market where there are no jobs. They are ready to vote next year for the first time (if they vote at all).

So I wonder are we seeing the "perfect" storm forming again?

Nope. England is totally gun-free. Well, except for the criminals, that is. Oh, and a few units of police. Even their Olympic pistol team has to leave the country to practice.

Sad.

They once ruled the world. The sun never set on the British Empire. Today, they can't even rule themselves, let alone their little island nation.

God help them, because no one else can.

Blessings,
    Bill

Oh so sad to think that all those young men who fought and died in WW II for the king died in vain!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Careful for what you wish for...

The Brits demanded gun control, in 1997 they got their wish. Since 1997 things have gotten steadily worse. Are there cries for abolishing the ban? No the British people are instead ignoring the obvious and now begging to be saved. This is a clear example of how dangerous gun control is. Let the people in England cry in vain as they brought this upon themselves.

To the sheep of England, go ahead and roll over on your bellies and stick your butts up in the air, you got what you wished for.

To America, remember the sheep of England crying to be saved from themselves.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The Brits demanded gun control, in 1997 they got their wish. Since 1997 things have gotten steadily worse. Are there cries for abolishing the ban? No the British people are instead ignoring the obvious and now begging to be saved. This is a clear example of how dangerous gun control is. Let the people in England cry in vain as they brought this upon themselves.

To the sheep of England, go ahead and roll over on your bellies and stick your butts up in the air, you got what you wished for.

To America, remember the sheep of England crying to be saved from themselves.

You're right! We should definitely hire more police and give them a few tanks to make sure no one can riot without facing severe consequences!

The sad thing is they should have learned this before. I believe it was during WWII when they found themselves so stripped of firearms on their little isle that they were contemplating using these ancient rifles that were being used for display? History may repeat itself eventually, but most fools at least have the decency to let the generation that learned the lesson die so they don't have to watch their children screw the country over.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    You're right! We should definitely hire more police and give them a few tanks to make sure no one can riot without facing severe consequences!

The sad thing is they should have learned this before. I believe it was during WWII when they found themselves so stripped of firearms on their little isle that they were contemplating using these ancient rifles that were being used for display? History may repeat itself eventually, but most fools at least have the decency to let the generation that learned the lesson die so they don't have to watch their children screw the country over.

Yep and they threw weapons giving to them by Americans into the Channel, dummies.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What I'm getting out of this is "Police are unable to stop the rioting because they have been both physically and bureaucratically disarmed.
    Unable to stop it, or ordered not to?

UK police ordered to stand down & watch London burn; Then given unchecked power

Not that I necessarily agree with martial law; but I know that, in that situation, I would rather martial law be imposed and things were "handled in an efficiently swift and brutal manner" for awhile than to have to stand guard over my house until the looters got bored and gave up.
    That's exactly the reaction that the political elite are hoping for. They created this problem, they would love to clean it up by granting themselves supreme, unrivaled power over the slaves.

I feel no pity or remorse for the Peoples of London, nor the entire UK.
    They have allowed what happened to them.
    They have continually supported the stripping of their Rights.
    They have been a Police State for Decades...

We've allowed our constitution to become irrelevant as well. Its only a matter of time before we share the same fate.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    As long as this has gone on so far, and if it continues...this is going to have some SERIOUS worldwide consequences I think. Basically we have a country that is gradually descending into total anarchy...

If this happened somewhere in Africa, we'd call it a revolution.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    It's sad to see the slide the UK has been on since WWII (if not before). The people haven't been serious about their rights of defense/bearing arms for a LONG time.

We sent them boatloads of guns during WWII because they didn't have enough domestic arms to defend the country in the event the Germans broke through.

For some reason (ignorance, stupidity, and denial I expect) people never learn the lessons of history.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Unable to stop it, or ordered not to?

UK police ordered to stand down & watch London burn; Then given unchecked power

That's exactly the reaction that the political elite are hoping for. They created this problem, they would love to clean it up by granting themselves supreme, unrivaled power over the slaves.

We've allowed our constitution to become irrelevant as well. Its only a matter of time before we share the same fate.

The big difference I hope is we will not go down begging for the government to save us from ourselves.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville

Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    Metro Police are worthless.... seriously worthless. You think US cops are fat and lazy go to London.

How many Met officers do you know? How many decades have you lived in London? Coming from an Englishman the Met of years past used to be ruthless... fifteen years ago they wouldn't have had any problems with lobbing gas into those looters and cracking heads open....today is a different story the Met are worthless because they've handcuffed themselves with all the PC multicultural BS that is plaguing the UK.
    It's sad to see the UK this way...we used to be a proud, self sufficient empire...now the leadership is a bunch of limp wristed poofs being overrun by the product of a system that provides to the undeserving scum.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How many Met officers do you know? How many decades have you lived in London? Coming from an Englishman the Met of years past used to be ruthless... fifteen years ago they wouldn't have had any problems with lobbing gas into those looters and cracking heads open....today is a different story the Met are worthless because they've handcuffed themselves with all the PC multicultural BS that is plaguing the UK.
    It's sad to see the UK this way...we used to be a proud, self sufficient empire...now the leadership is a bunch of limp wristed poofs being overrun by the product of a system that provides to the undeserving scum.

So basically you are agreeing with me? :dunno:

I almost chased down a mugger one year, but thought better of it when the group of "bobbies" standing in a group talking, just watched the kid run by them, and did nothing.

Oh, and then there was the 8 year old Spanish kid who was lost, who got zero help from them because they didn't speak Spanish. I had to help him track down his family....

as a guy in law enforcement, those actions aren't exactly endearing.

Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    I'd agree that they've been handicapped by the political system...not because they're "fat and lazy".
    As with all police forces around the world you'll always have some that give the rest of the force a bad name...but I'd say lazy Met officers are the exception and not the rule.

I'm disappointed you only "almost" chased down a mugger...especially as a guy in law enforcement...not exactly endearing either.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd agree that they've been handicapped by the political system...not because they're "fat and lazy".
    As with all police forces around the world you'll always have some that give the rest of the force a bad name...but I'd say lazy Met officers are the exception and not the rule.

I'm disappointed you only "almost" chased down a mugger...especially as a guy in law enforcement...not exactly endearing either.

Police powers, I haz none, knowing the layout of the land, I haz none, the ability to protect myself, I haz none, leaving my girlfriend unattended in a foreign country where people are being mugged, not gonna happen.

In a country where they charge you for the possession of a firearm after you find it and attempt to do the responsible thing and turn it in, I'm better off minding my own.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    vforvendetta.jpg

Time for a little V for Vendetta...

Top Bottom