• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    That access could in theory expose a huge chunk of the world's everyday communications – including the content of people's emails, calls, and more – to scrutiny from British spies and their American allies. How much data the Brits are copying off the fiber optic network isn't clear, but it's likely to be enormous. The Guardian said the information flowing across more than 200 cables was being monitored by more than 500 analysts from the NSA and its U.K. counterpart, GCHQ.
    "This is a massive amount of data!" the Guardian quoted a leaked slide as boasting. The paper said other leaked slides, including one labeled "Collect-it-all," gave hints as to the program's ambition.

UK Spying Scandal Even Bigger Than In U.S., According To GCHQ Documents Obtained By The Guardian

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Of course other countries are doing it. It's just easier now.

I find it funny that other countries are protesting. People are mad that the US is looking at their comms, when their own government looks at their comms.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Of course other countries are doing it. It's just easier now.

I find it funny that other countries are protesting. People are mad that the US is looking at their comms, when their own government looks at their comms.

Do as I say, not as I do. If this scandal proves anything, it's that all governments are hypocritical.

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    The fact that the British are spying more than the US doesn't surprise me at all. I believe London has the most CCTV cameras operating than any other city in the world. At this point I believe everyone is under surveillance unless you live in some third world dirt poor country. If you live there, you probably have other things to worry about.

Top Bottom