• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    That has potential but it isn't exactly low key. I would also think that diesel with a second bio capable tank would be the way to go for ultimate longevity.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    If you are close enough to the nuke to worry about the EMP then a working vehicle is the least of your problems.

And the computers aren't the only thing the EMP will kill, it will also screw any electronic component that can be overloaded. Like your alternator, anything newer than a points based ignition system. For a post Nuke car you are going to have to go back further than the 70's.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    That would make a great range truck for me!! I could put guns and ammo in it and still have room for target stands, targets, could have a bench to work on guns, that would be nice I will have to remember that when I win the lotto!!

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    That thing had 2 front diffs? Never heard of that.

Rumor has it that ford released a few 4wd "Vdrive" units in the 70's. Basically the transmission had 3 output shafts. One in the rear, and two small ones in the front that fed Independent hog heads.

I always wanted to play with one, specifically when I was building mini trucks for guys. Every now and then you can see pics of one, but I don't think they really exist. These are the bigfoot of the 4wd world. You can't find them, and even if you could, the world already evolved passed them.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you are close enough to the nuke to worry about the EMP then a working vehicle is the least of your problems.

And the computers aren't the only thing the EMP will kill, it will also screw any electronic component that can be overloaded. Like your alternator, anything newer than a points based ignition system. For a post Nuke car you are going to have to go back further than the 70's.

Read up on EMP. There is no danger of fallout or the like in the event of an EMP strike because the detonation occurs in the atmosphere. EMP is not the same as nuclear war.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Are you saying that if an EMP hit my 4*4 BOV is useless? That sucks. I guess I'll be bugging "in" instead. At least we'll all be in the same boat.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Repaint that sucker to look like a generic ambulance again and go just about anywhere during an event without a second look. Trying to get back to your house after a disaster like a hurricane or earthquake when they aren't letting regular people in, this is just the ticket. If you can get yourself medical credentials of any sort, it would even easier if they did bother to check.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Repaint that sucker to look like a generic ambulance again and go just about anywhere during an event without a second look. Trying to get back to your house after a disaster like a hurricane or earthquake when they aren't letting regular people in, this is just the ticket. If you can get yourself medical credentials of any sort, it would even easier if they did bother to check.

funny you mention that because its one of the things i learned in counter terrorism school. was how terrorist will use emergency vehicles to bomb special access only events. If you think about it you never see anyone check the credentials of an ambulance driver or firefighter, they wear a uniform and not even badges in their bunk gear. easy to steal that stuff and a fire truck and reak havok. I know Homeland Security regularly checks for theft of emergency gear and uniforms of first responders, and they have a special reporting system for it. I still see too many fire stations that leave the bay doors wide open when no ones in the bay. and too many cop cars left running with no one coming back for close to an hour a lot of the time. that irresponsible behavior is what will lead to a catistofic failure one day possibly. and its too late once it happens. no take backs. we all need to be aware and if you see one of these things going on dont be afraid to politely say something, your a tax payer you have the right its technicaly your stuff too in a way, so makem take care of it. we dont want alalalalalala akbar getting our stuff!!!
    I dont think i have said anything classified and if i have its been nice knowing you all! :eek:

rayf268

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    ft wayne
    I think the ford it kick butt but like others said a little bit of a eye catcher and the twin diffs scars me if it was such a great idea there would still be more being made
    I would reather go for a old 80's gmc mispec disal suckers keep on going

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    funny you mention that because its one of the things i learned in counter terrorism school. was how terrorist will use emergency vehicles to bomb special access only events. If you think about it you never see anyone check the credentials of an ambulance driver or firefighter, they wear a uniform and not even badges in their bunk gear. easy to steal that stuff and a fire truck and reak havok. I know Homeland Security regularly checks for theft of emergency gear and uniforms of first responders, and they have a special reporting system for it. I still see too many fire stations that leave the bay doors wide open when no ones in the bay. and too many cop cars left running with no one coming back for close to an hour a lot of the time. that irresponsible behavior is what will lead to a catistofic failure one day possibly. and its too late once it happens. no take backs. we all need to be aware and if you see one of these things going on dont be afraid to politely say something, your a tax payer you have the right its technicaly your stuff too in a way, so makem take care of it. we dont want alalalalalala akbar getting our stuff!!!
    I dont think i have said anything classified and if i have its been nice knowing you all! :eek:

sounds like you have another class I'd be interested it :)

Top Bottom