• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted about these but my mom bought me one for Christmas to go along with the MKIII 22/45RP that i had just recently purchased. If you know what i'm talking about and have thought about it but hesitated for any reason, my opinion on it is that its a must have for anyone wanting to shoot alot with either of these guns. (I think it works with a couple other guns as well)
    Drop 50 rounds in the hopper and load 5 Magazines in about a minute and thats taking your time. Talk about a thumb and time saver.
    cliploader.jpg

Ultimate Clip Loader made by Mcfadden Machine Co. in PA. Made In the USA

This is not my video but it shows what i'm talking about and gives you an idea of how its a huge time saver and gives you that extra time to shoot some more rounds down range
    [ame="http://youtu.be/6wFM9YFbKak"]http://youtu.be/6wFM9YFbKak[/ame]
    She got mine on Ebay from Mcfadden for $21 w/ free shipping. They are available in Blue,amber,green & clear

bod

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    These speed loaders are amazing. I just purchased one a few weeks back and I sure am glad I did, not saying that my buckmard mag is bad to load but when you can load a 10 round mag in under 5 seconds, you just can't pass it up.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Actually, the name of the product is "Ultimate Clip Loader." So, the OP is being accurate referring to it as such. I'm planning on getting one, in spite of the misnomer contained in the product name. ;)

Oh ...and, yeah, I use magazines to load my Glocks ..and clips to load my Mosin. :D

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Neat tool. I saw one used at a range, once. I have no experience using one. But I'm happy with how quickly I can drop ten rounds into my mags with my $3 HKS speedloader, instead of shaking and rattling;

DHH_0791w.jpg

Not bashing, just saying there are other options.

:D

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have one of these too and for the money, it's been a pretty good buy. Got mine on eBay last year for around $20 and have definitely gotten my money's worth.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I had one for a couple of years now, can't beat for loading mags for a Mk 2 & 22/45. I never leave home with out it when shooting those pistols.

On a side note for the 10/22, Butler Creek's mag loader for their hot lips & steel lips magazines works just fine with the Ruger 10/22 mags. Makes loading the 10 shot & BX-25 shot mags a snap.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Neat tool. I saw one used at a range, once. I have no experience using one. But I'm happy with how quickly I can drop ten rounds into my mags with my $3 HKS speedloader, instead of shaking and rattling;

DHH_0791w.jpg

Not bashing, just saying there are other options.

:D

I'll let you try mine next year at a Meet and Shoot. It's just the best.

Anyone that has one...if you don't think it works that well, you just need to fine tune it. It's amazing and every bit as fast as in the online vids. You need to adjust the screw on the unit. MAYBE give your mag lips a slight, and I mean tiny little itty bitty slight, widening. I had one mag that they didn't flow into and I put a flat tip screwdriver in there and just turned hard enough to feel the resistance. Just a hint. It did the trick.
    Then I give a burst of silicone spray into a bulk pack of .22's and I cant tear thru all 550 rounds in a few minutes. :ar15:

FormerHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Texas
    it's like using a calculator instead of long division

After buying mine I went and got another as a gift for a buddy. We just used ours this afternoon. Changes your whole experience, puts a smile on your face. Just get one.

Two tips - don't overfill; to start out anyway, put in about 20 rounds for best performance. Second, you can with very small adjustments turn the screw in the body of the loader to improve the cartridges' flow down into your mag.

P.S. I am referring to The Ultimate Cliploader, not the little red thumbsaver pictured above.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I am curious if the "Ultimate Cliploader" works with the new Ruger SR-22 mags... anyone try that yet? I considered buying it to try, but not sure if I will just be wasting $24 (Amazon Prime has em)

--edit--
    I guess I will answer my own question as some google... It seems as though the answer is no according to this post over on THR http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=7867398&postcount=47

Last edited:

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Dang I just got my Calais on my thumb formed. Oh well new item for my shopping list. Im tired of my thumb bleeding from those mk III mags lol

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Love mine. Actually had it before I owned a MK series pistol. Haha. I was anticipating the purchase. Definitely worth every single dime. No one should own a MK series and not have an UCL.

Top Bottom