• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    So help me out because im not really Glock Savvy. Say I wanted to make a glock....not a glock. As in, I dont want spend the $$ on a Tier one Salient Arms, but I'd like to make it close. I'd like to start with a Glock 19c. I can do that stipple work myself but who makes top of the line trigger/internal parts? I know zev tech and apex but thats about it. Maybe a match barrel (I know bar-sto is well respected). This is coming from an HK/Sig guy so while I don't want to spend $3K I'm not trying to skimp either. Thanks guys and gals!

GS45

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Dont worry about getting the "c" model, especially since you'll replace barrel. Get a threaded barrel and real comp.
    Trigger parts ... most would recommend ghost, although there are some other options as well. You could even try a timberwolf frame from lonewolf, they look cool and certainly make a glock less glock-like (although a bit pricey).
    In the end, a glock will always be glock like, u might be better served starting with a different gun friending in the mods you want to do.
    Happy hunting

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Fulcrum trigger is the best aftermarket setup IMHO but they are pricey and in the end don't feel any better that the triggers I do with a lot of TLC and Ghost connectors. Barrel is personal preference but for most people Glocks are more accurate than the person holding them. :)
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    The Timberwolf frames are really nice for people that don't enjoy the standard Glock grip. The angle on it feels a bit more natural to me, but that is just from handling. I haven't had a chance to shoot one.

I like NHT3s point. The trigger doesn't need changing unless you just really don't like the feel, or you are wanting to race the gun. Even in those circumstances, a couple parts and a good Glocksmith will do just as well or better than a high end drop kit. Support your local smith if you have a good one!

For Glocks, I only have experience with Lone Wolf barrels, and that experience has been uniformly good. If you are looking to race it, I would ask a few folks that run competition Glocks what their experience has been.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Thanks for the replies guys! Things to consider! This is gun in all reality would just be a fun gun. Might carry it (though with all the do-dads swapped out not sure how smart that is) but I just wanted to make a cool glock. I know a glock is a glock is a glock, but I just wanted to kinda of make it different.

Top Bottom