• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Getting a decent ultrasonic cleaner has been on my list for sometime now, but before I go out and do a bunch of research - figured I would ask here to see what you guys recommend.

Looking for something large enough to do bolts and such if possible while being in the budget.

Machines, techniques, cleaners, tell me it all!

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I bought the big one from Harbor Freight and I love it. It has been a good machine since I did a few tweaks to it. One thing I do when cleaning something really grubby is use a crock pot bag, that eliminates the need for cleanup when done. As far as cleaning solution, I use 50% simple green and 50% water. Some guys use distilled water but I don't. I also get the water I use from the HOT tap to speed up the heating. I use mine for cleaning carbs and other small parts on my lawn care equipment. -Jason

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I have one, it works fine for cleaning. I would prefer a longer cycle time, but it is what it is. I use water, vinegar and dawn dish soap for my solution.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The Kendal I've had on my Amazon watch list is no longer available. I used to think that was the brand to get. The Magnasonic appear to be popular now too.

Diluted Simple Green is a popular cleaner.

I guess I never ordered one because Gun Scrubber, a brush and compressed air is so quick.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I use mine primarily for cleaning suppressor baffles. I use the Simple Green Purple solution at 75% with zero problems. I have an RCBS branded one and haven't used it for any firearms.
    Dan

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    I have always used the free, poor man's cleaner available in most homes.

Before you do a laundry load of clothes in the wash machine fill a bucket, pail or other somewhat deep container with your preferred cleaning liquid. Drop your dirty parts in the container and set it on top of the wash machine right after you start the load. The agitation of the liquid inside gets the parts sparkly clean by the time the load is finished. On a rare occasion I have to send some parts back a second time.

Top Bottom