• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The UN needs to be pushed, maybe into the ocean. The Birchers were right. Nothing good will come of being a part of that organization.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe they're aimed at this guy:
    [video=youtube;TNy5cVcF3oE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNy5cVcF3oE[/video]

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Good God, really? Why can't they just GO AWAY!!!!

Really though, if someone needs any more reason as to why the U.N. should just be dismantled and all of the bureaucrats piled on the "out of a job" heap of history, this is all that one should need.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The UN was supposed to just be a place for countries to work things out peacefully.
    But, like ALL BUREAUCRACIES, it becomes something more, something bigger.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, my state has made helmets mandatory and that's where the mandate should originate.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    NON-BINDING RESOLUTION.

The United Nations did not compel member-nations to pass a mandatory helmet law, it merely suggested doing so as a way to improve rider safety.

That's not wrong. It is, however, counter to individual freedoms and states' rights in the United States of America, and those are some reasons that not every UN resolution or treaty is rubber-stamped.

Dander up-ness over this: close to zero.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    NON-BINDING RESOLUTION.

The United Nations did not compel member-nations to pass a mandatory helmet law, it merely suggested doing so as a way to improve rider safety.

That's not wrong. It is, however, counter to individual freedoms and states' rights in the United States of America, and those are some reasons that not every UN resolution or treaty is rubber-stamped.

I realize it's non-binding, but having the audacity to even make the suggestion is overstepping in my opinion.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NON-BINDING RESOLUTION.

It is still BEYOND the mandate of the UN.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good God, really? Why can't they just GO AWAY!!!!

Really though, if someone needs any more reason as to why the U.N. should just be dismantled and all of the bureaucrats piled on the "out of a job" heap of history, this is all that one should need.

The UN has no real power, but I believe it serves a very important function; it provides a forum for nations at odds to be heard. Sure they say some dumb things, but it's not an organization that should be dismantled. When they do act, they tend to be on the right sidebar of things.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I recently critiqued a story about the IMF and how useless it is. I finished up the assignment by stating that it was my personal opinion that the United States remove itself from all international organizations and then re-evaluate each one to determine if they were indeed succeeding at their stated mission or were just existing to ensure their own existence. The instructor highlighted and enlarged the font for that portion of my critique and gave me extra credit points for that sentence!

Top Bottom