• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well as an old guy luddite, I think the article (in spite of the authors proclivity for hypocrisy) is basically my self defense thinking. His phrase "Kith and kin" is very appropriate. (I had to look it up)

I don't have an AR and don't really want one. My pistol is a 1911. My carbine is a Camp 45. I also have a shotgun and a .308 lever gun. I am not a Fudd.

You on the other hand have the right and responsibility to keep and bear every terrible weapon of the soldier.

I am not an operator. I'm not training for what I don't need. Worst case scenario would be the necessity for guerrilla fighting, at which I will not last long.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Most people hesitate.
    Sadly the majority of people training for self defense build on this foundation. They ignore their well developed instinct to freeze under stress and use it as the foundation of their training. They fail to build efficient, effective behavior arcs as natural responses to stimulus.
    Assessment > Reaction
    Becomes
    Stimulus > Reaction
    Becomes
    Stimulus > Assessment > Reaction
    Becomes
    Stimulus > Assessment > Hesitate

Adding steps to the process of self defense is a dangerous game of roulette.
    Sure you can win, but why even play?

Top Bottom