• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    This said my Dad is owed over $14,000. The name says Tom not Thomas for fist name. I'll ask Pop's if he wants me to put his information in for him.

14k would change his life right now. He missed a lot of work for cancer treatment.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    This said my Dad is owed over $14,000. The name says Tom not Thomas for fist name. I'll ask Pop's if he wants me to put his information in for him.

14k would change his life right now. He missed a lot of work for cancer treatment.

If it is him... The want date of birth and SS number when you go to claim.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    If it is him... The want date of birth and SS number when you go to claim.

And proof you are linked to the claim (utility bill, title, etc). My guess is there are lots of folks who are owed money but since it's been so long, they no longer have the needed documents.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    And proof you are linked to the claim (utility bill, title, etc). My guess is there are lots of folks who are owed money but since it's been so long, they no longer have the needed documents.

One of my step-uncles is owed $600. He's looking for some kind of old bill as I type this.

I told him that he may have to contact one of the utility companies to see if they may have a record of something they can mail/fax/email etc. Or an old tax return or W-2...

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I just got a letter from indiana unclaimed that I had $300 waiting for me. Thought I would bump this thread as a celebration.

If you checked previously and didnt (or did) have anything, check again!

deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Can anyone comment as to the average turnaround time? I know we do it for LTCHs. The site asks to allow for 90 days, can any success stories comment here?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had money on there a long time ago. I think it was refund for a utility deposit or money that had been in escrow when we sold our house and I moved out of town. Once I submitted the claim, I got it pretty quickly. We have a family member (related by marriage) that apparently had a ton of savings bonds when he died that didn't list a beneficiary. No will and no children or living blood relatives. The state got it all. I believe it was almost $200K.

I believe they told us would go to the school fund after 10 years of being in the unclaimed property status.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I just got a letter from indiana unclaimed that I had $300 waiting for me. Thought I would bump this thread as a celebration.

If you checked previously and didnt (or did) have anything, check again!
    Got my check in the mail today..so for those asking about turnaround time, it's just a week or so.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Found about $300 from a home we moved from 17 years ago. Problem is finding the "proof" that they require showing we lived at the address back then. They want proof like utility bills or check stubs with our name and that address on it from back then. Most of those files have been shredded a long time ago. :xmad:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Found about $300 from a home we moved from 17 years ago. Problem is finding the "proof" that they require showing we lived at the address back then. They want proof like utility bills or check stubs with our name and that address on it from back then. Most of those files have been shredded a long time ago. :xmad:

Would it show on your credit report? I believe when I run my free copy, it lists all of my previous addresses. Maybe a copy of that document would suffice?

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana

Found an old invoice from some furniture we bought that had our address on it. Sent it in as the "proof" they wanted and crossed my fingers.

Guess it was good enough. Got the check about 8 weeks later. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom