• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Any statement like that is deceiving. What they go by are the amount of weekly benefit claims filed. If a person has used all of their available funds for unemployment they are dropped from the rolls as if they have returned to work.

Take them with a grain of salt.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The key word is "New". At some point, theoretically, it would drop to nothing, if everyone was unemployed long enough. Under that scenario, would zero new unemployment claims be a thing to celebrate?

I'd still like to know the unemployment rate if they counted those who have given up trying to find a job, too.

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    The sun times ran a article a few weeks back that stated 500 thousand + people were gonna exhauste there unemployment bennys the end of November

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    The key word is "New". At some point, theoretically, it would drop to nothing, if everyone was unemployed long enough. Under that scenario, would zero new unemployment claims be a thing to celebrate?

I'd still like to know the unemployment rate if they counted those who have given up trying to find a job, too.

The article linked makes no mention of new. To the people running unemployment every week a person files is a "new" claim. When you return to work you no longer claim your unemployment. Its a play on words and a statistic both parties try to manipulate. Nothing can be based on the claim other than fewer people filed a claim for that time period. Doesn't mean they found work.

Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    Not too mention the people who's unemployment has already expired, they just quit filing or those people who got part-time jobs then were laid off. Its all BS to sweep the seriousness under the rug.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    agree every drop in uneployment ment that ppl ran out and cant file any more. not that ppl went back to work.

No matter how you look at it, it's bad out there. I wonder how many folks on unemployment are just a bit too comfortable? I do know of a few that aren't going to look seriously for a job until their benefits run out.

How do you seperate the one's that won't..........from the ones that can't?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The article linked makes no mention of new. To the people running unemployment every week a person files is a "new" claim. When you return to work you no longer claim your unemployment. Its a play on words and a statistic both parties try to manipulate. Nothing can be based on the claim other than fewer people filed a claim for that time period. Doesn't mean they found work.

I never said the article said this. The OP said it.

Top Bottom