• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    E After work last night a buddy and I stopped in a not so nice part of Fort Wayne to get something to drink. As we walk into the gas station I notice a uniformed officer sitting at a table. I was carrying me G23 and my buddy had his M&P.40. Neither were completely visible. We pay and head to walk out and the cop during there asks my buddy what he was carrying. And I thought at that moment "ah f@$& here we go he's gonna complain". So we get to talking to the officer And come to find out he was completely alright with citizens to carry. He didn't even ask to see either of our licenses. We talked to him for about 15 minutes then went home. It was was my first experience with an officer while carrying.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Glad it was a good one! I still have not had to talk to a LEO while carrying. But that is probably not because I am not an OC'ing attention whore.

**Before people get butt hurt I want to say I have no problem with OC or CC I do both**

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Glad it was a good one! I still have not had to talk to a LEO while carrying. But that is probably not because I am not an OC'ing attention whore.

**Before people get butt hurt I want to say I have no problem with OC or CC I do both**

SEE! SEE! You're going to be the first one voted out during the tribal council! Or is this the one where America votes,or do you get a rose? All these reality shows have totally confused me!!:dunno:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    E After work last night a buddy and I stopped in a not so nice part of Fort Wayne to get something to drink. As we walk into the gas station I notice a uniformed officer sitting at a table. I was carrying me G23 and my buddy had his M&P.40. Neither were completely visible. We pay and head to walk out and the cop during there asks my buddy what he was carrying. And I thought at that moment "ah f@$& here we go he's gonna complain". So we get to talking to the officer And come to find out he was completely alright with citizens to carry. He didn't even ask to see either of our licenses. We talked to him for about 15 minutes then went home. It was was my first experience with an officer while carrying.

+1 to a Ft. Wayne officer

ironman870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    NE

If you do both, how are you not a whore? :laugh:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Pretty disappointing to hear. If he wasn't gonna curb-stomp you, at least he could've disarmed you both, disassembled your weapons and handed you back your slides as he instructed you to follow the trail of cartridges to find your frames and mags after he left. :D

I was eating lunch today and an acquaintance walked in and joined me. He used to be a local LEO, and is now with ISP. The conversation turned to guns, and since he used to carry a Sig and now carries a Glock, we compared notes.

At one point, I motioned to my side and mentioned my Baby Sig, indicating that I was carrying it. He never skipped a beat. Maybe it's because he knows me, but I'm sure he didn't suspect that I was armed.

I know that I'm naïve, but I will continue to consider the cops the good guys until they prove me wrong.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi

One thing that make a good cop is being observant which allows him to make wise judgments about people. We can all do this to some extent, heck _sometimes_ I can figure out that my wife is angry with me but that's another subject! But for cops, being able to do this well can mean the difference between life and death.

I'm sure he could tell from your attitude, demeanor, etc. that you were not a threat to him or anyone else.

If you'd asked him, "why didn't you want to see my LTCH?"

He'd have probably said, "I know you'd have never even come in here or would have turned around and walked out if you weren't carrying legally."

Glad to hear your encounter was good!

Just shows again that guns or lawful people with them are NOT the problem.

Violent people are the problem. If there were a 100% sure way to keep ANY weapon out of the hands of ALL bad and/or violent people's hands for all times.... I would STILL keep my firearms. Where I live there are wild animals and some of them are dangerous as well. I live in Hamilton County and coyotes are all over the place. A while back I had a possum that decided he liked my garage better than the great outdoors. Those suckers get MEAN and NASTY when you get between them and the cat food! We had a short discussion and then he died from a lethal injection. A LEAD injection...

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I would just like to know, what part of Ft Wayne is "not so nice".

South Anthony and Tillman roads. The rickers on the corner. He did say something to the tune of "if you didn't have your license, you would have been outta here pretty quick". And he was a detective so I think he paid more attention than a street cop would (my Glock only stuck out half inch under my coat).

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    South Anthony and Tillman roads. The rickers on the corner. He did say something to the tune of "if you didn't have your license, you would have been outta here pretty quick". And he was a detective so I think he paid more attention than a street cop would (my Glock only stuck out half inch under my coat).

That area of the Fort should be avoided after dark. When I lived in Ft Wayne during the late 80's it was a war zone almost every night. From what I hear it hasn't changed much.

:yesway: on your encounter!

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    That area of the Fort should be avoided after dark. When I lived in Ft Wayne during the late 80's it was a war zone almost every night. From what I hear it hasn't changed much.

:yesway: on your encounter!

I travel thru there all the time, and at 3am it's not the greatest. So that's what had prompted me to get my LTCH.

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    He probably about wet himself when he seen both of you carrying. Once he caught his breath he was just thankful you were the good guys.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    He probably about wet himself when he seen both of you carrying. Once he caught his breath he was just thankful you were the good guys.

I am pretty sure I know who it was. Believe me, he was not "wetting" himself. He is a warrior. If there was a need to do so, the OP would not have known what layed him out. The OP was obviously a good boy.

I asked my question because, I never let my guard down no matter where I am. Ft Wayne and every other city has no "good" areas. They are all 100% bad.

I have patrolled all quadrants of Ft Wayne.

Top Bottom