• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I put the Taurus 94 in the Classifieds and Armslist today: $325.
    I bought the Taurus Tracker 990 today (samish gun but 38 oz. compared to the 94's 25.5 oz).
    Got to sell it to help pay for the 990 b/c so I can begin to control my addiction. :dunno:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I put the Taurus 94 in the Classifieds and Armslist today: $325.
    I bought the Taurus Tracker 990 today (samish gun but 38 oz. compared to the 94's 25.5 oz).
    Got to sell it to help pay for the 990 b/c so I can begin to control my addiction. :dunno:

Did you really just say you are trying to control your addiction? Ok first step is admitting you have a problem. Can't speak for the other steps as I just have to keep being an addict...nobody likea a quiter. Lol. That's a fair price on the Taurus 94. You can always just gift it back to me. I will give it a stable home life. Lol.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So as expected the kids and wife all had nice long naps after a busy night last night. So, I occupied my time by running a couple boxes through the Shield45. Functioned flawlessly. Hopefully I will get out and run some defensive ammo through it before I carry it

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Did you really just say you are trying to control your addiction? Ok first step is admitting you have a problem. Can't speak for the other steps as I just have to keep being an addict...nobody likea a quiter. Lol. That's a fair price on the Taurus 94. You can always just gift it back to me. I will give it a stable home life. Lol.

1. Love your humor: much like my own, and I like the way you talk to me like you've known me for years: my style also. :thumbsup:
    2. I have been admitting my addiction openly after the last month and especially the past week: I whirlwind even for me with not only guns but the safe on top of it all.
    3. Yes, I followed someone's advice (asked in a thread about selling my Ruger 1911) about posting some competing prices for the same gun to aid the "looker" in his quest, making it easier to settle on what you're selling, by putting in the 3 model 94s for sale for $325ish - $395ish.
    4. I have had 2 cash offers ($300, as expected) and 3 or 4 trades (Glock 9mm, Shield 9mm and another I don't remember).
    5. Told both cash offers that the
    firstone to arrange a meeting first, get it (not sell for a penny less than $300 (unlike my 1911.
    I am an "expert" on what my 22LRs are worth, and will wait.
    I should wait for
    full price of $325, but I do need to replenish my cash supplies since I don't want to go to our savings account (AGAIN) while my wife is still living:she might have a heart attack :laugh:.Myline of "but, honey, this isn't costing us anything in the long run" is getting thin. :dunno:
    6. It doesn't help that I'm using her Social Security money. :laugh6: (you know I'm kidding, right? :ugh:)
    7. I'll make sure to go back and change my Living Trust.
    How do you spell your name again: H E N R Y? :nuts:

So as expected the kids and wife all had nice long naps after a busy night last night. So, I occupied my time by running a couple boxes through the Shield45. Functioned flawlessly. Hopefully, I will get out and run some defensive ammo through it before I carry it

8. I'm pleased that you love the gun like I did, it is why I really wasn't interested in another .45, just lost my focus going after the 1911, but a man has to do what a man has to do in the handgun journey. :)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I should wait forfull price of $325, but I do need to replenish my cash supplies since I don't want to go to our savings account (AGAIN) while my wife is still living:she might have a heart attack :laugh:.Myline of "but, honey, this isn't costing us anything in the long run" is getting thin. :dunno:

You should have been at my house yesterday. A package came from Canjun Gunworks, CZ Custom Shop and Midway while I was out buying another AR upper from a fellow INGOer. Not great timing! My story is someday we will sell all this stuff or give it all to the kids.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You should have been at my house yesterday. A package came from Canjun Gunworks, CZ Custom Shop and Midway while I was out buying another AR upper from a fellow INGOer. Not great timing! My story is someday we will sell all this stuff or give it all to the kids.
    I got three boxes at one time from UPS this week myself. I am not sure if getting them all at one time is better or worse than getting one box, 3 days in a row... either seems to get the look...

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I have an arrangement that works so we can both buy stuff without an issue. <- my disclaimer. But yes to avoid the look and eye rolling that has occurred from bringing in too much gun or racecar stuff in a short period of time I have occasionally brought something in under the cover of darkness. Lol. She will occasionally make a jab about other ways to spend my "hobby money". But she really doesn't mind, she is awesome about understanding me. But, I also know that it's in my best interest to avoid "the look" as it can make my life a little easier

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

My wife and I have an arrangement that works so we can both buy stuff without an issue. <- my disclaimer. But yes to avoid the look and eye rolling that has occurred from bringing in too much gun or racecar stuff in a short period of time I have occasionally brought something in under the cover of darkness. Lol. She will occasionally make a jab about other ways to spend my "hobby money". But she really doesn't mind, she is awesome about understanding me. But, I also know that it's in my best interest to avoid "the look" as it can make my life a little easier

1. I love it. Many times I leave the "purchase" in the garage when I come in and make sure she's in the kitchen and can't see the door from the garage entryway.
    2. I end up confessing later anyway (maybe not that day) b/c I'm a blabbermouth and I can't help myself.
    3. My wife would think I've spend my "hobby" money long long ago, thousands of dollars ago and I should just enjoy what I have.
    4. I totally agree with her in theory. :dunno:
    5. I was looking on Hosier Armory's website last night and under 22LRs there are actually some S/Ws I didn't know existed that I wouldn't mind having but I wouldn't pay the high prices for them, which is why I own 3 Taurus's that I didn't 10 days ago: all revolvers, b/c I'd never go after their semi-autos b/c 2 that I bought had to be sent back: that's 2 out of 2. Lesson learned.
    6. Some have had issues with their revolvers: scary. How can you mess up a design from 1835? (Colt the 1st, weren't they?).

Top Bottom