• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    A friend of our local range passed recently and the estate brought his belongings to the range/gun shop for sale.
    Well, for legal reasons there are some things that cannot be sold, such as open containers of powder, hand loaded ammo...

The range sent me an email yesterday informing me that there were goodies free for the taking.
    Come by and help yourself...so, I did.

Here is my haul/ contribution to safe disposal of potentially dangerous material.
    IMG_20230903_132002392.jpg
    Wilson case gauge for 6.5 Creedmoor (not sure why they couldn't sell this?),
    63 rounds of handloaded .303 British, and almost 4 full pounds of W296!
    I can put all to use.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, if the deceased was a friend of the range, I'm sure it would have given him, and more importantly his family, comfort to know that his stuff was being put to good use by friends and acquaintances.

55's right. Say a prayer for the fellow's soul, and thanks for the stuff. Make a small contribution, and enjoy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, I have a really nice 1944 Lithgow SMLE that appears it may never have been issued.
    I have shot it a few times but ammo is hard to find.
    This stuff actually found me!
    I know we're not supposed to even mention their name, but Cheaper Than Dirt had surplus 303 (HXP - boxer primed, noncorrosive) for around 30 cents a round a few years back. I had to stock up. I mean, being able to shoot my Enfields at nearly Mosin ammo prices? It was a no-brainer.

Some of it was "B Grade" for some discoloration on the cases, but it all goes bang, and the brass (even B Grade) cleans up nice for reloading. I used some of it to make 30-40 Krag brass too.

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    A friend of our local range passed recently and the estate brought his belongings to the range/gun shop for sale.
    Well, for legal reasons there are some things that cannot be sold, such as open containers of powder, hand loaded ammo...

The range sent me an email yesterday informing me that there were goodies free for the taking.
    Come by and help yourself...so, I did.

Here is my haul/ contribution to safe disposal of potentially dangerous material.
    View attachment 296910
    Wilson case gauge for 6.5 Creedmoor (not sure why they couldn't sell this?),
    63 rounds of handloaded .303 British, and almost 4 full pounds of W296!
    I can put all to use.
    Holy Cow! .303 British? I have two Enfields that I can't find food for. You hit a gold mine there.

Top Bottom