• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Fellow INGOerswas just given my great great grandfather's WWI uniform complete jacket pants spats and the wool cap it is all wool and my grandfather's Military jacket. Here is my problem they were stored in a metal trunk wrapped in tissue paper no moth holes just the tissue paper was purple and at some point moisture got to it and there are purple stains on them does anyone know where I could take them to have them cleaned restored and preserved. Any help is great appreciated.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wish that I could recommend someone for you. I would start with the most expensive dry cleaner in your area and talk with them first.

But keep this uniform in your family. My sister sold all of my fathers military uniforms at a garage sale. I pushed her in the lake when I found this out.

TK

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Definitely not ever getting rid of them going to pass to my sons. Called dry cleaner who has been doing his job for 30 years he was less than optimistic said it would take water and bleach and still might not get the stain out.

debeerman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    In a van down by the river
    Definitely not ever getting rid of them going to pass to my sons. Called dry cleaner who has been doing his job for 30 years he was less than optimistic said it would take water and bleach and still might not get the stain out.

I would call an area museum curator, they would have some contacts for you to call as they deal in this type of restoration with donations.

Top Bottom