• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Finally getting around to reading this book in e-format.
    Amazon.com: Unintended Consequences (9781888118049): John Ross: Books

WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!!
    I know it's fiction but the author makes lots of references to real life events and wow am I clueless to some of our history!

For example in this case
    United States v. Miller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    the USSC never heard the argument from one side (the 2A side) since that side never showed up!

And in this example
    Bonus Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    US forces(US Army) to include McArthur, Patton, and Eisenhower all participated in this event in attacking US vetern, burn their camp down, and force them out of DC. :eek: "Just following orders". :faint:

Still very early into the book but OMG!!!....

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Glad to hear you discovered this gem. I think it should be required reading for every adult gun owner ... make that every American.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Glad to hear you discovered this gem. I think it should be required reading for every adult gun owner ... make that every American.

I've actually had the e-book for a long time now. Probably 18 months but have never gotten around to reading it. A few weeks ago I figured I best clean up my ebook files and just randomly picked one to start it.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I've actually had the e-book for a long time now. Probably 18 months but have never gotten around to reading it. A few weeks ago I figured I best clean up my ebook files and just randomly picked one to start it.

You chose wisely ... :yesway:

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    I bought it from the publisher a few years ago while I was on my 3rd (and last) deployment to Iraq. I had it sent to my parents so I could get it from them upon my return. I got home and found they charged my card but never sent the book. The guy I talked to was very apologetic about it not being sent, so he sent me (what he says) was the last "signed" copy they had on hand. Whether it is real or not, I haven't been able to actually read it since it was signed.

Who's got an ebook of it? :D

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Neat read. So the SCOTUS ruling says that because the sawed off shotgun is NOT a military weapon, it is not covered by 2A. Doesn't this ruling then affirm that a fully automatic M16 IS a military weapon, and should be covered by the 2A? Or are they arguing that only military weapons during 1776 are actually protected by 2A (which is something that the Heller ruling clarified, saying the 2A covers current 'arms').

It is total BS that a defendant or someone suing the government must pay legal fees against government lawyers, who have endless amounts of money collected at least in part from the defendants themselves. What I'm saying is that, if someones case is important enough to reach the SCOTUS, it should receive the best lawyers on both sides, using tax dollars to pay for both sides, otherwise the trial is a sham, especially when the defendant doesn't show up! Enough ranting about how many millions of dollars it would cost to prove to the government that they are breaking their own laws.

So the bottom line is that the NFA is total BS, is anti-2A, and should be revoked, and probably wouod be revoked, if anyone could afford to take a case to the SCOTUS?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    No, it means we have a history of poor decision-makers at the helm of the Republic.
    ROME IS BURNING AS NERO FIDDLES AWAY.

This book is the second-best book ever written.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Might be interested in that .pdf if I can't track one down; amazon is selling new ones for $199, used for $105, and no kindle version was visible.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So the bottom line is that the NFA is total BS, is anti-2A, and should be revoked, and probably wouod be revoked, if anyone could afford to take a case to the SCOTUS?

which makes me wonder y ha the nfa not be challenged again then no in modern times?

No, it means we have a history of poor decision-makers at the helm of the Republic.
    ROME IS BURNING AS NERO FIDDLES AWAY.

This book is the second-best book ever written.

I'm afraid to ask what the first one is.
    ^this?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Read it years ago, wish it didn't have the sexual adult content so I could have my kids read it.

:yesway:

It's the only blot on an otherwise excellent book. I know it's germane to the story as it is written but it kept me from letting my kids read it. I know a writer as brilliant as John Ross could have told his story without the adult content.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :dunno:
    Not sure I have gotten to "that" part yet.

Having a hard time just keeping up with all the characters and the fast forward of time.
    I'm at the part where the little kid (main character I think) and his dad go to pick up his 1st pistol and the store owner tells him that the dad needs 2 letters of recommendation! WTF!!! REALLY!!!!

Top Bottom