• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Found a huge nest when we pulled out the tile wall behind the tub some years ago. When we pulled the wall down they swarmed us. I and helper got a few stings but we cleared the door and got it closed. A few got out into the house.
    Trip to Ace and came home loaded for bees. Popped 3 aerosol bombs and grenades the bath room.
    Outside we used brake parts cleaner to drop them mid air as they escaped. It took 3 more aerosol grenades to finish them off. The nest was huge.
    They were coming in through a separation in the aluminum siding.
    Crafty little suckers. My niece got a few stings, I was trying to remove the whole nest since it was in a single piece of insulation. They were coming back in as fast as I could throw other out. Amazingly I didn’t get stung once.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I had a customer years ago that used an all natural bee and wasp killer when we were working on his house.
    He said the stuff was 100% nontoxic to humans and pets,and "proved it" by spraying some in his mouth, then spraying the bees.
    The bees stopped moving in mid-air and we're dead before they hit the ground.
    Said it was peppermint oil based, and it smelled like it.
    No, I didn't taste it...
    I think there’s a thread for that…

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The carpenter bees really like my deck. If I sprayed in the Spring with Permithrine would it keep them away?
    The ones that hatch will eat their way out, it’s like a never ending cycle with those little suckers. I just give the kids whiffle ball bats and let them get some exercise.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had a nest of them just under te fence for my dog run. Ran over them mowing. I got a couple under my shirt and they let me know it. I went a little nuts. Poured gas on them and lit them up. Luckily I didn’t get burned so all went well.

Top Bottom