• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Fear mongering is a sport around here. Sickening really. You would think people who claim to be well informed would be, well...WELL INFORMED. THANK YOU for the video.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    And all the ACA is going to do is make health care more affordable...

NOT the same thing. There are justifiable reasons to not like the ACA. I have yet to see a good arguement against this treaty. Seems like people WANT something to groan about. Is there not enough REAL problems that we don't need to make them up?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    NOT the same thing. There are justifiable reasons to not like the ACA. I have yet to see a good arguement against this treaty. Seems like people WANT something to groan about. Is there not enough REAL problems that we don't need to make them up?

I couldn't get the whole thing to play (bad signal). But I don't buy the whole 3rd world/black market thing. Plus I'm naturally suspicious of any UN treaty remotely having anything to do with guns; plus we're one key SCOTUS justice away from flipping the tenuous progress on the 2A into the trash heap.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana

How about Syria and Libya? As tragic as the loss-of-life is, some places and moments in history require this sort of turmoil in order for things to move forward. What the arms treaty seeks to do is cut off the supply of small arms to rebels (of all sorts) in order to provide greater "security" to the governments in power.

From the UN site: UNODA - Small Arms and Light Weapons

A worldwide scourge

The illicit trade in small arms, light weapons and ammunition wreaks havoc everywhere. Mobs terrorizing a neighbourhood. Rebels attacking civilians or peacekeepers. Drug lords randomly killing law enforcers or anyone else interfering with their illegal businesses. Bandits hijacking humanitarian aid convoys. In all continents, uncontrolled small arms form a persisting problem.

BTW, I see no reason a treaty would not allow a foreign government from going after a US firearm manufacturer using some international court or tribunal for "violations" committed with their product ... even if the US government specifically permits said behavior (think NAFTA.)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I couldn't get the whole thing to play (bad signal). But I don't buy the whole 3rd world/black market thing. Plus I'm naturally suspicious of any UN treaty remotely having anything to do with guns; plus we're one key SCOTUS justice away from flipping the tenuous progress on the 2A into the trash heap.

Suspicious...I'm with you. THAT is smart. Panic or sky falling=not smart. It IS worth keeping an eye on.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It was the UN that got it moving. They were going to bring it up PRIOR to the election but the storm forced the closure of the building.

It's not that I am panicking....... really it's not.

BUT My feathers definitely get ruffled at even the mention of jacking with my rights.

.gov needs to get out of my wallet, out my way and leave me alone.

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    Spent some time searching the UN web site. Pages and pages of vagaries. Looks like what they are after is illicit trade in small arms. What did catch my attention was marking & registration to track individual private owners of firearms. True that much we have read about the UN small arms deal has been a combination of hysteria and BS, but at the same time they are in fact working on it so we need to keep an eye on them.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I did some light research yesterday about other countries and their gun owner rights. No big surprises there, most other countries are more restrictive to their citizens owning the types and quantity of guns that American's have access to here. The United States is really in a minority position on this in my mind.

And then I compare this to the failed Farm Bill that was up for vote that had a significant Food Stamp provision hidden inside it - nothing to do with Farming. How many of these Bills do we see coming down that are named something nice and fluffy, but have something else tucked down inside it?

I don't think our gun rights will be eliminated with a bill named "Elimination of 2A Gun Rights". I think our gun rights will be eliminated by bills with names like "Carpooling Incentives", "Hospital Safety", and "Cucumber Diet Incentives". It will be subtle, and gradual, and not trumpeted from the balcony of the White House.

The UN is not a friend or protector of the U.S.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    First, who is this guy? He looks like he just got in from a long drunk. I never heard that anyone secretly signed anything, just that the UN was negotiating a small arms treaty. So he begins with an exaggeration of what I have been reading to make his point. That makes anything else he says suspect.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    First, who is this guy? He looks like he just got in from a long drunk. I never heard that anyone secretly signed anything, just that the UN was negotiating a small arms treaty. So he begins with an exaggeration of what I have been reading to make his point. That makes anything else he says suspect.

He calls himself The Yankee Marshal. Here is a link to his YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYankeeMarshal

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I fully expect that he has heard the things he mentioned, just like the recurring end to lifetime LTCH's here. But I agree with you, I haven't read any comments on this site recently that a treaty has been approved...the ones I've read this week concerned the UN's call for another go at it..."moments" after the election....good timing, huh?

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I fully expect that he has heard the things he mentioned, just like the recurring end to lifetime LTCH's here. But I agree with you, I haven't read any comments on this site recently that a treaty has been approved...the ones I've read this week concerned the UN's call for another go at it..."moments" after the election....good timing, huh?

picture.php

Top Bottom