• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I have been following the coverage of Haiti and have noticed the multitude of UN blue helmets on the ground.

From where are they deployed? They are already there while our own government is mulling deployment.

I have googled them and found statistics on the composition of the civilian and military forces with respect to participating countries but where the hell do they put these guys when not on rotation or deployment?

Apparently the US contributes about 1 percent of their physical make up with the EU making up the bulk. (Granted we do the heavy lifting around the world with our own forces) But from where are they deploying and under what oversight?

Any members on here have insight? Seems to be a lack of information on the web.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There were probably already several UN troops there, I'd imagine. Most crap-hole countries have 'em.

This is just my surmising, though.

-J-

gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana
    There were probably already several UN troops there, I'd imagine. Most crap-hole countries have 'em.

This is just my surmising, though.

-J-

It is my understanding that there were 7000 UN troops there, I believe since 2004. As is usually the case, they are ineffective, and it disturbs me greatly that we are deploying thousands of the 82nd Airborne to be policemen again. It is possible that their chain of command will go up to the UN commander on the ground. The lame stream media may not report that.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It is my understanding that there were 7000 UN troops there, I believe since 2004. As is usually the case, they are ineffective, and it disturbs me greatly that we are deploying thousands of the 82nd Airborne to be policemen again. It is possible that their chain of command will go up to the UN commander on the ground. The lame stream media may not report that.

That may be the case "on paper"... But when the US military is involved, I think that everyone else really knows who the boss is...

-J-

Top Bottom