• ...and so much more!
  • Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Thanks for the ride. That means a lot to remember them.

My dad was in Da-Nang 67-68, and agent orange got him, it did take a while though. At least they did transfer most of his benefits to my mom. I went in in 74 with pretty much a zero chance of going over.

Ron

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My wife's oldest brother didn't make it. Apparently done in by a chopper that should have been down for maintenance and too heavy a load of barb wire.
    My best friend is gone 22 years now. He never got over it.
    So was it worth it? I think about that and realizing we would not have enjoyed the benefits of the petro-dollar without that war... I still scratch my head over what is the value of it, of them, of us. But it's all besides the point isn't it? The people who stand ready are what stand between us and all the evils mankind can dream up.

PS,
    I say my brother-in-law didn't make it. But he's been around a couple of times checking on his little sister.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife's oldest brother didn't make it. Apparently done in by a chopper that should have been down for maintenance and too heavy a load of barb wire.
    My best friend is gone 22 years now. He never got over it.
    So was it worth it? I think about that and realizing we would not have enjoyed the benefits of the petro-dollar without that war... I still scratch my head over what is the value of it, of them, of us. But it's all besides the point isn't it? The people who stand ready are what stand between us and all the evils mankind can dream up.

PS,
    I say my brother-in-law didn't make it. But he's been around a couple of times checking on his little sister.

I have more than a few friends that came back but not the person they were when they left. Many did not make it. We had no idea what they were dealing with. My Uncles set me straight later in life. They shard a lot. It was a lot. A lot more than many can carry.

Top Bottom