University wants everyone to use 'gender inclusive' pronouns...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'm guessing an Ohio State football forum.

Go Blue!

Sadly I cannot rep this.....I must spread it around first.

.Someone get him for me!!!!

And on the original topic....WOw. This isn't even going on in MA.
    Sadly a university in NH (Live Free or Don't) just put out a PC manofesto for it's students. It was either SNHU or UNH.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Please refer to me as Attack Helicopter Lebowski. I identify as an attack helicopter. *spins in circle with arms held straight out*

YOU ARE NOT AN ATTACK HELICOPTER!!! You aren't even making the sound when you spin in a circle, poser! :laugh:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I used to see "womyn" to replace "woman" and "women" back in the early 1990s. Had to get the partriarchal oppression outta the words, naturally.

The fun part is that there is slight difference of opinion...which could be characterized as "seething hatred" that the radical feminists have with the transgendered.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    YOU ARE NOT AN ATTACK HELICOPTER!!! You aren't even making the sound when you spin in a circle, poser! :laugh:

How do you know that? My dad told me when I was 5 years old, he found me out in the backyard watching a helicopter fly overhead (had to be a Bell 47 of "Whirlybird" fame). Dad said I was spinning around with my arms outstretched and mumbling something. When he asked what sounds a helicopter made, supposedly I said: "Je*** Chr*** I'm tired . . . " Apparently it made some sort of impression on me because I ended up making a career of it.

As for the OP: the only possible response of any sane parents is to immediately withdraw their college student from that bastion of idiocy and send him off to a different one. Money talks loudly and even a state-run college wouldn't last long if its student body suddenly left it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The fun part is that there is slight difference of opinion...which could be characterized as "seething hatred" that the radical feminists have with the transgendered.

Good Lord, its so hard to keep up with all the offended groups anymore. Has anyone taken the time to publish a identification guide? Maybe like my trees or snakes of Indiana guides. If I try to start nationally, it might be overwhelming.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The scary thought is that these people are perfectly serious about this nonsense.
    ...and they got hired in EDUCATION. "gender neutral pronouns were a way of 'exposing our students to an increasingly diverse and global world' "--how far to you have to go from say sanfrancisco (on the globe of course) before there are only 2 genders?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The scary thought is that these people are perfectly serious about this nonsense.

i-m-cereal-meme-generator-i-m-super-duper-cereal-057a8f.jpg

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Not safe for work, but very accurate

[video=youtube;wUyZGtLny5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUyZGtLny5o[/video]

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm really afraid to ask, but I have to ask, what online community are you on that people refer themselves that way ?

I'm not on there anymore. It was a "MUCK" (Multi-User Created Kingdom), which is a text-based roleplay environment. You challenge your descriptive skills, because anything and everything can have messages describing it, such that if you and I were there, the room we were in would have a description you saw on entering. If you got detailed enough as the owner of it, you could describe the couch, the walls, the material of which the door was made, that discoloration on the wall where a photo frame used to be, and for that matter, the smell or sound you heard. ALL text-based. One running joke there was that the default description for directions up and down was, "You see nothing special." such that when someone met and in a friendly tone, asked, "What's up?", the reply was often, "You see nothing special."

Some people, engaging their creative and/or descriptive skills, described themselves as other-than-human, for example, an anthropomorphic feline with wings or a large metal robot, or whatever. If the character was biological, sometimes a person would go to the length of describing themselves as a "herm", often with breasts above and both sets of parts below (which you had to look specifically to see described in detail, but in general, you might note that the character had something of a masculine walk, despite the obviously feminine upper structure.

It's an interesting task to try to be realistic in some ways (such as the immersion of describing the room, etc.) and completely disconnected from it to describe a "furry" character that does not exist in our reality. I enjoyed it.

Blessings,
    Bill

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I'm not on there anymore. It was a "MUCK" (Multi-User Created Kingdom), which is a text-based roleplay environment. You challenge your descriptive skills, because anything and everything can have messages describing it, such that if you and I were there, the room we were in would have a description you saw on entering. If you got detailed enough as the owner of it, you could describe the couch, the walls, the material of which the door was made, that discoloration on the wall where a photo frame used to be, and for that matter, the smell or sound you heard. ALL text-based. One running joke there was that the default description for directions up and down was, "You see nothing special." such that when someone met and in a friendly tone, asked, "What's up?", the reply was often, "You see nothing special."

Some people, engaging their creative and/or descriptive skills, described themselves as other-than-human, for example, an anthropomorphic feline with wings or a large metal robot, or whatever. If the character was biological, sometimes a person would go to the length of describing themselves as a "herm", often with breasts above and both sets of parts below (which you had to look specifically to see described in detail, but in general, you might note that the character had something of a masculine walk, despite the obviously feminine upper structure.

It's an interesting task to try to be realistic in some ways (such as the immersion of describing the room, etc.) and completely disconnected from it to describe a "furry" character that does not exist in our reality. I enjoyed it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Ahhhhhhhh... My girl likes to rollplay also, I'm Harry Reems and she's Linda.

:dunno:

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    How about our society becomes like the Star Trek: TNG, race they found, the J'naii. This was a completely genderless people. Unfortunately, there was a hidden problem on the planet. It seemed some of the J'naii had feelings of being female or male. They met secretly so as not to get in trouble with the Government and other members of their society. If one was found to be expressing feelings of a specific gender, they were sent for "re-programming" or "rehabilitation" so they would fit into proper society.

WAIT!!!! Shields Up! Red Alert! This has already happened! It's too late! Abandon Ship!

Top Bottom