University wants everyone to use 'gender inclusive' pronouns...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Is it bad to say "shim" as a "gender neutral pronoun"?

I prefer 'zit'. Some people combine this and your suggestion for yet another alternative...

Does the Left not see that they are instituting a new age of Victorianism? Can't use shocking language (except in rap videos), no sex (except in movies), no violence (ditto). And everything is nice and pleasant in the British Empire, erm, Obummer's America. And we'll teach the rest of the world how to act.

Who is Queen Obama's Prince Albert?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll just drop it in this thread. Last night's South Park premier absolutely decimates Social Justice Warriors... very heavily on the topic of Jenner and gender stuff.

Just... amazing. Give it a watch if you haven't already.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I'll just drop it in this thread. Last night's South Park premier absolutely decimates Social Justice Warriors... very heavily on the topic of Jenner and gender stuff.

Just... amazing. Give it a watch if you haven't already.

Lol at Twitter

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    People have far too much time on their hands. If they had to worry more about the important things in life ( like food and shelter) they wouldn't have the luxury of time to come up with these insane ideas about how society should change to accommodate their every whim.
    IDIOTS.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I saw what I believed to be a she wearing an "ask me about my pronouns" shirt on campus the other week. I did not ask.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    We already have a neutral pronoun, "they." Why reinvent the wheel?

While we're at it, though, why not just ditch gendered pronouns entirely and use "they" for everything? I mean, aside from my spouse, who really cares what gender I am? As Colin Chapman said, "simplify, then add lightness." Seems like an opportunity to simplify.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My preferred pronouns

If asked, are:
    Bite
    Me

While we're at it, though, why not just ditch gendered pronouns entirely and use "they" for everything? I mean, aside from my spouse, who really cares what gender I am? As Colin Chapman said, "simplify, then add lightness." Seems like an opportunity to simplify.
    Well, "they" is kinda plural. We don't really have a singular non-gendered pronoun. And frankly, I don't really give a ****. While the SJWs are brushing up on their silly made up language, I'm going to brush up on "**** you". It's the most colorfully appropriate reply to that nonsense.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

They is neuter. But you're denying the possibility of other genders, yet to be discovered or invented, to paraphrase that genius, Justice Kennedy.

Open your mind, there are 6 billion genders waiting to be discovered!!

Top Bottom