• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    At my club our favorite targets were cut down IPSC targets in the shape of a small poodle (with scoring zones). (you know, for the poodle shooters with 5.56/9mm guns) We actually used them in some non sanctioned matches as option targets. If you hit one we took two seconds off your time. We even had bad poodle/hostage poodle targets overlaid and if you hit both of them in the head we took 3 seconds off your time.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Almost empty paint spray cans ,cans of Chef Boyardee spaghetti rings ,Ouija board,bowling pins ,pop bottles (Yeah I know,that ended when my brother jumped the fence & had to get 20 or so stitches in his foot)

See that's your problem right there. Anyone who has watched enough westerns knows that you use whisky bottles, not pop bottles. :rolleyes: Had you been using the proper bottles, your brother could have avoided the stitches.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    picture.php

96 dodge neon. About a month ago.
    What? No Tannerite?

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I only use orthodox ones:

priest.jpg

Edited to add for those with a broken sarcasm meter: It's a joke.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Paper only........sort of

Crosley is a paper target only range but you can still hunt "big game" there. All it takes is a little bit of honey (or suitable substitute) spread smoothly on your paper target. Shortly, you will have some wild critters, such as flies, stuck on the paper. Pretty tough shot at 50 yards but it can be done with rimfires. As always, shot placement is important! Particularly on the big horseflies. Yes, this type of shooting is seasonal.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    In college, I used to work at a video store. One of the guys that worked that had some farm land and invited us out to shoot. This was long before I was into shooting. However, we took a bunch of cardboard advertising "standees", you know, cardboard cutouts of Rambo, Pee-Wee, & Chuck Norris from movies in the mid 80s. We also took a bunch of defective VHS tapes and few VCRs that couldn't be repaired.

If you hit the full side reel of the VHS with a 12 ga shell, the reel will unspool about 100 feet into the air.

TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    aerosol cans, eggs, cans of beer.
    The ceramic insulators on top of telephone poles that the electrical wires went across - they could take four or five hits from a 22lr before they broke up. I quit doing that when I was shooting one, when it broke a big ol' blue spark shot out of it - pretty cool, but decided I hadn't better do that anymore.

Then a road sign. I could step out of my parents garage and rest on the side of the house and shoot a sign about 100yds away with 22lr. However one day my dad and I were walking down that road and when we came to the sign, my dad noticed. He said "look, somebody shot this at a pretty good angle." He then looked at the angle and noticed it came from our house - BUSTED!! He was pretty ticked off about it. He had me worried that I was going to have to pay for it!

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    As a kid starting with a BB gun I shot at anything that moved in our backyard. My parents always wondered why we didnt have any birds around. Disposal was easy too. Railroad tracks took care of the for me.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Haven't gotten too crazy as of yet, run of the mill water jugs, cans, paper, spinner targets for .22.

But this weekend I have 4 - 1/2lb tubs of Tannerite and some evil pumpkins that must die! Oh, I can't wait. Hopefully I can get some decent video to share.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Haven't gotten too crazy as of yet, run of the mill water jugs, cans, paper, spinner targets for .22.

But this weekend I have 4 - 1/2lb tubs of Tannerite and some evil pumpkins that must die! Oh, I can't wait. Hopefully I can get some decent video to share.

Thats my plan too. Just make sure they are too frozen.

I shot my vacuum cleaner a few Weeks ago. Any appliance that break gets shot. I am hoping that after one or two the rest will fall in line and live long, productive lives.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Thats my plan too. Just make sure they are too frozen.

I shot my vacuum cleaner a few Weeks ago. Any appliance that break gets shot. I am hoping that after one or two the rest will fall in line and live long, productive lives.

Wait wait wait... Freeze the Pumpkins? Hmmmm, can't tell if that would make better or worse. I could see schrapnel from a frozen pumpkin traveling further and hurting a lot more..... But what the hell sounds good to me! :ar15:

ws98ta

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have gotten a hold of some bullet resistant glass a couple times.
    It's pretty impressive what it wil stop. I have gotten the ok to remove a door from an armored truck, just need to find a place to shoot it at.
    Going to document what it takes to get through it.

Top Bottom