Unreal, Cast Of Friends TV Show Make Insane $$$ For Reruns...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I believe it was 21-22 episodes per season and there are 10 seasons, so about 220 shows. The original Stargate TV show had 10 seasons with also 22 episodes per year. They filmed around Vancouver in Canada and usually worked 6 days a week, 8-12 hours a day for close to 9 months straight.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe it was 21-22 episodes per season and there are 10 seasons, so about 220 shows. The original Stargate TV show had 10 seasons with also 22 episodes per year. They filmed around Vancouver in Canada and usually worked 6 days a week, 8-12 hours a day for close to 9 months straight.

That is on re-runs somewhere on the cable channels. Maybe hero's and Icons. Not sure.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Since my wife and I cut the cable we are doing the start at season 1, episode 1 and run it all the way through program.

We started with Friends, then Bluebloods, then NCIS. Now we are looking for the next one.

My wife and I don't have the same tastes so it's kinda hard to find something she will like that I will at least tolerate.

We only watch one episode per night since we are generally busy with other things.

What we have noticed though is that we like the shows better when we watch them this way. No commercials, no long waits between seasons or two part episodes. We get more into the character and story development.

Making money is good. I am glad for them. It's sorta the same on smaller level as an insurance broker. Get enough going and live on the residuals. My neighbor is doing this. He worked hard for less than 10 years. Now he is coasting and he's only in his early 40's.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, I never cared for it, maybe watched an episode or two...

In Plovdiv, Bulgaria, we stumbled onto a "Friends" cafe, completely dressed up and labeled like Central Perks.

Friends has overtaken Miami Vice as #1 new show in Bulgaria.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I watched some "Friends" back in the day. Won't be watching the reruns, but i say- they made a product people want to buy, good for them making some coin.

Now let's look at this a little.

There were 236 total episodes of "Friends" over 10 years. (24 episodes a year, not 10).

This means that a channel that plays reruns will broadcast the entirety of the series every 47 weeks if they play only 1 episode a day for 5 days a week. However, rerun stations being what they are, most are probably broadcasting at least 2 episodes a day 6 days a week. This means that every episode of "Friends" gets broadcast every 20 week, or 2 1/2 times a year. That's 1 station. How many stations are there and what does the advertising during each episode cost?

They are making money for a lot of other people and earned their payout by making a saleable, resaleable and resaleable again, product.

No jealousy, all admiration here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So, I never cared for it, maybe watched an episode or two...

In Plovdiv, Bulgaria, we stumbled onto a "Friends" cafe, completely dressed up and labeled like Central Perks.

Friends has overtaken Miami Vice as #1 new show in Bulgaria.

Crazy Bulgarians. Not even close. Wonder how much Don makes per rerun?

[video=youtube;yWKQeOK6vuA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWKQeOK6vuA[/video]

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Trying to remember why I watched Friends. ...

oh yea .....

now I remember. There were 2 reasons...

1024-rachel-green-jennifer-aniston-friends-2-081217.jpg

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I actually read somewhere that the show's resurgence in popularity is due in part to the younger generation that grew up w/ cell phones, social media, etc recognizing that deeper connection to be had when there is constant, real connection with friends as shown in this show, regardless of how idealized it might be.

We used to watch it faithfully in college. it was a chance for all of our group of friends, guys and gals, to hang out and watch something we could all enjoy. There were a lot of similarities in our group of friends... siblings, dating relationships, roommates, etc. I guess we identified w/ it and it did have it's funny moments. That was before smartphones and the rise of social media.

I can't get back into it today... watched a few episodes on Netflix but didn't hold my interest.

-rvb

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If there wasn’t a demand they wouldn’t get paid for it. Good for them. They did something for many season, many people love the show, and they still play it, heck ya if it was me I would want a check

I’m in the good for them camp. If that is what the markets pays, then so be it. I can’t even imagine that kind of money. I did a lot of things wrong, I won’t even see that much money the rest of my life.

Agreed, I have no issues at all with them getting paid on it. Everyone else is making money on it, or it would not be happening.

I actually read somewhere that the show's resurgence in popularity is due in part to the younger generation that grew up w/ cell phones, social media, etc recognizing that deeper connection to be had when there is constant, real connection with friends as shown in this show, regardless of how idealized it might be.

We used to watch it faithfully in college. it was a chance for all of our group of friends, guys and gals, to hang out and watch something we could all enjoy. There were a lot of similarities in our group of friends... siblings, dating relationships, roommates, etc. I guess we identified w/ it and it did have it's funny moments. I can't get back into it today... watched a few episodes on Netflix but didn't hold my interest.

-rvb

Both my kids (19 & 20) got into watching it this year on Netflix. I wouldn't seek it out again myself, but admit I watched it if the kids had it on. It does seem to draw in that age group for some reason.

I believe their contract with Netflix is falling off after this year, but Netflix paid something like $100 million to have it, and I thought I heard Warner Brothers would be launching their own service and likely have Friends on it. I believe I had heard Friends was either one of or the #1 streamed show on Netflix.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I watched some "Friends" back in the day. Won't be watching the reruns, but i say- they made a product people want to buy, good for them making some coin.

Now let's look at this a little.

There were 236 total episodes of "Friends" over 10 years. (24 episodes a year, not 10).

This means that a channel that plays reruns will broadcast the entirety of the series every 47 weeks if they play only 1 episode a day for 5 days a week. However, rerun stations being what they are, most are probably broadcasting at least 2 episodes a day 6 days a week. This means that every episode of "Friends" gets broadcast every 20 week, or 2 1/2 times a year. That's 1 station. How many stations are there and what does the advertising during each episode cost?

They are making money for a lot of other people and earned their payout by making a saleable, resaleable and resaleable again, product.

No jealousy, all admiration here.

TBS shows them at least 5 days a week, starting around 8 or 9 a.m. and going until 6 p.m.. And when it's not Friends, it's Seinfeld. I often have one or the other on in the background when I work from home (not a whole lot to watch after the morning news).

Top Bottom