• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I have NEVER seen my lowe's have more than 1 checkout lane open. There can be 10 people in line in that one checkout lane, 4 lowes employees milling about drinking coffee or talking at the service desk, and yet I have to wait 30 minutes to get checked-out because they won't open another lane.

I can totally understand your frustrations with the security gate thing and making material returns to Menards. That is a little frustrating, but at least Menards has clearly defined door numbers/locations for their materials and they have special areas for special-orders so they don't have to go looking through an entire warehouse for almost 2 hrs to find your item that is on a big pallet.

Our Lowes has self checkout.....which means I can get in and out. Plus, when I place order on line....they have it picked and ready when I arrive at contractor desk. Menards here don't have a self check out which means I get stuck in 1 of 2 open lines and wait behind the mature folks with snack cakes, dog food, flowers and chips just to pay for my lumber that I had to stand in line to get, than I get to go to a guard house and wait some more, then another cavity search to leave. LOL......I guess none of them are perfect. I have to go to Menards tomorrow to get 300 fence pickets, kind of dread it to be honest. I hope I can find someone to stick them in my truck with fork lift and don't have to hand load them.

Truth be known, I am kind of pissed at Menards right now. I bought an entry door last week, a Mastercraft steel door. Used them for many years with no problem. Installed the door and the sill was a tad tight so I went to adjust and there was no adjustments in sill. The box said adjustable sill but it wasn't adjustable. I came home and called the factory and they said "Oh yeah, we just started putting spring loaded sills that don't adjust but are using the old stock of boxes and should have included these instructions" and then they emailed me the updated installation sheet that should have been on the door. So now I have a new door in a customers house that is a bit snug and no way to adjust. Not sure how that is going to go. Here is door I bought...https://www.menards.com/main/doors-...60-c-9356.htm?tid=1831000077237797190&ipos=25

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    at least Menards has clearly defined door numbers/locations for their materials and they have special areas for special-orders so they don't have to go looking through an entire warehouse for almost 2 hrs to find your item that is on a big pallet.

I worked at Lowe's in high school, and it was my job to pull the special orders. There is a pretty simple system for where special orders are kept that involves numbered bays. If you have to wait a significant amount of time, it's because you had a particularly dull employee looking for it or (more likely) the employee was waiting for a fork truck to move your pallet so that he didn't have to exert himself.

If that's the quality of people in your store, though, I can't blame you for staying away.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    If it isnt instant, I avoid rebates all together. Ive been burned waaay too many times.

*Clears throat* Sig Sauer....:whistle:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Our Lowes has self checkout.....which means I can get in and out. Plus, when I place order on line....they have it picked and ready when I arrive at contractor desk. Menards here don't have a self check out which means I get stuck in 1 of 2 open lines and wait behind the mature folks with snack cakes, dog food, flowers and chips just to pay for my lumber that I had to stand in line to get, than I get to go to a guard house and wait some more, then another cavity search to leave. LOL......I guess none of them are perfect. I have to go to Menards tomorrow to get 300 fence pickets, kind of dread it to be honest. I hope I can find someone to stick them in my truck with fork lift and don't have to hand load them.

Truth be known, I am kind of pissed at Menards right now. I bought an entry door last week, a Mastercraft steel door. Used them for many years with no problem. Installed the door and the sill was a tad tight so I went to adjust and there was no adjustments in sill. The box said adjustable sill but it wasn't adjustable. I came home and called the factory and they said "Oh yeah, we just started putting spring loaded sills that don't adjust but are using the old stock of boxes and should have included these instructions" and then they emailed me the updated installation sheet that should have been on the door. So now I have a new door in a customers house that is a bit snug and no way to adjust. Not sure how that is going to go. Here is door I bought...https://www.menards.com/main/doors-...60-c-9356.htm?tid=1831000077237797190&ipos=25
    thats weird, you used to be able to tell the difference in their doors by the Lock set bores. One hole = non adjustable sill. 2 holes = adjustable sill. Looks like maybe they’re getting even cheaper now. So does the sill at least have springs underneath?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    thats weird, you used to be able to tell the difference in their doors by the Lock set bores. One hole = non adjustable sill. 2 holes = adjustable sill. Looks like maybe they’re getting even cheaper now. So does the sill at least have springs underneath?

Yes sir. They do have springs but it was really weird it says one thing and factory said another. Customer accepted the door even though it was a touch snug.

I got my rebate today. It took some work but definitely still worth it for $562. Hopefully my next few go through without any issues.

That's good to hear...bet you are glad to have that resolved. Just in time as well, they have some pretty good deals at the moment.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Since I’m in Menards on average 2-3 times per week, I play the rebate game constantly. I get a lot of free screwdrivers, deck wash, misc. other items. (a few things I wouldn’t normally buy, but since their free...)
    It’s nice to pick up materials for a job, and only pay half the total because I’ve got a few rebates in my pocket.

Top Bottom