Not open for further replies.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    224737665.jpg

I might have to loan that to Scutter01.....

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Glad you got it back up and running. Was getting some really strange error messages this evening. Not getting into INGUN for even an hour was starting to cause some horrible withdrawal. Nice that you set a high standard for this site, and work hard to keep it. Sincerely appreciated!!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yep, we're still doing stuff. Some design decisions that were made by the original installer, way before INGO was officially born, are finally starting to catch up to us so it's making it stupidly complicated.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    If I may ask, what are the specs of the current box? This appears to be more of a bandwidth/resolver issue rather than hardware. I love INGO as much as the next guy but we're no 4chan.

Alas, a tracert proves my suspicions. Hopefully the box isn't with 1and1 but the DNS is run through there. Topped with the fact that we're on Cogent bandwidth, one of the most overcrowded pipes the world has seen today.

Methinks I can save the ingo providers a lot of money per month in server costs with 99% uptime and efficiency. Let me know the details in a PM if it's not relevant public information. Regardless of contacting me, try to move to a different pipe, like Level3, Savvis or hell even at&t is better than Cogent.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If I may ask, what are the specs of the current box? This appears to be more of a bandwidth/resolver issue rather than hardware. I love INGO as much as the next guy but we're no 4chan.

Alas, a tracert proves my suspicions. Hopefully the box isn't with 1and1 but the DNS is run through there. Topped with the fact that we're on Cogent bandwidth, one of the most overcrowded pipes the world has seen today.

Methinks I can save the ingo providers a lot of money per month in server costs with 99% uptime and efficiency. Let me know the details in a PM if it's not relevant public information. Regardless of contacting me, try to move to a different pipe, like Level3, Savvis or hell even at&t is better than Cogent.

It's not a bandwidth problem, but thanks for the offer!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    2 Apache web servers with memcache installed; behind a proper load balancer = WIN.

Please don't tell me you're switching to IIS or BEA?

:nailbite:

No, we're actually moving everything over to OS2 Warp. I'm confident that it's the right choice.

(Apache's a bloated piece of crap. We're moving OFF of it because it sucks so bad.)

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    No, we're actually moving everything over to OS2 Warp. I'm confident that it's the right choice.

(Apache's a bloated piece of crap. We're moving OFF of it because it sucks so bad.)

While I trust and respect your decision to move; I'd have to argue Apache is not bloated nor a piece of crap.

You know those modules are able to be dynamically loaded//unloaded right? Very easy to get Apache running like a top but there are certain principals you must adhere.

Apache is tried and true and there is a reason it's the worlds most widely used web server :yesway:

Good luck with the switch!

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    While I trust and respect your decision to move; I'd have to argue Apache is not bloated nor a piece of crap.

Oh it can be. When I first took over the job I have now, the last guy had managed to make the apache install crawl... took a cluster of 3 servers to serve static pages to 300 clients. Like anything else on a server level its all in the tuning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom