Upcoming reality TV show worth watching...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The father son team of Pat and Kevin Hogan show the world what it takes to turn a passion for history and collecting into an industry leading company based right out of the Midwest. This November 29th, Pat, Kevin and Rock Island Auction Company will be the feature of a new pilot episode on Discovery Channel about everything that goes into firearms auctioning.

Each year Rock Island Auction Company auctions off more than 20,000 firearms

Midwest Collector Firearms Auction Company to be Featured on Discovery Channel - Ready Aim Sold

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I just hope it dosent portray the same ridiculousness as Sons of Guns an American Guns. But with the previous track record it will also. But one can hope.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    They always wind up putting too much drama into what is supposed to be a reallity series. We all know there will be drama at times but, as an example; OC Choppers every episode is major drama and now they throw in this kid, Jesse James. Glad I have a remote.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    TV has unfortunately become a total waste of electricity and time. It's a shame when you consider what TV "could" be used for instead of crap and advertising. We could educate millions of dumb people with it instead of creating millions of dumb people with it. Whoever controls radio and TV broadcasting can run a country.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    TV has unfortunately become a total waste of electricity and time. It's a shame when you consider what TV "could" be used for instead of crap and advertising. We could educate millions of dumb people with it instead of creating millions of dumb people with it. Whoever controls radio and TV broadcasting can run a country.

Much rather have it in private hands who "waste" its potential than have it in hands who desire to "educate" people. I've extensively studied the Soviet style of running broadcast channels and I would rather not have that system here.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What makes you think we DON'T have that system here? The 2 or 3 major players in broadcasting know exactly what they are doing. A nation of idiots is easy to spoon feed.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Jack, do you really believe that our broadcast industry is in "private" hands? The Govt. has been in complete control of our schools and media networks since the 1940s. They absolutely have succeeded in dumbing the people of our country down. I am just old enough to have watched it happen.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm willing to give this a chance and not condemn it even before seeing it. American Gun was a slight improvement over Sons of Guns and so maybe the people at Discovery Channel are trying to make a better show. By the way after this last seaon of drama queen packed Top Shot I think Im done watching that show. I was getting by, just recording it on the dvr and skipping through the commercials and drama. But now after I do that, there is really not enough shooting actually taking place.

Maybe Ready Aim Sold will be different, but I know that it will have to interject some soap opera - BS - drama crap to satisfy the format of a reality show.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    What makes you think we DON'T have that system here? The 2 or 3 major players in broadcasting know exactly what they are doing. A nation of idiots is easy to spoon feed.

Jack, do you really believe that our broadcast industry is in "private" hands? The Govt. has been in complete control of our schools and media networks since the 1940s. They absolutely have succeeded in dumbing the people of our country down. I am just old enough to have watched it happen.

Gee, guys, after almost 40 years in broadcasting at the network and local station levels you would think that I would have noticed something such as this. Goes to show that our side has conspiracy theorists the same as the other sides. :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Gee, guys, after almost 40 years in broadcasting at the network and local station levels you would think that I would have noticed something such as this. Goes to show that our side has conspiracy theorists the same as the other sides. :)

So, wait, you are "The Man"?!?!?

No great conspiracy theory here. Just good old marketing. It is hard to sell to folks that only watch a couple of hours of TV a week. But couch potatoes..... you can sell ad space for them in 8-hour blocks. The networks want our kids to be zombies. That sells commercial time.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Well, as long as Pat or Kevin Hogan don't have huge breasts with skin tight shirts we should be OK!
    american-guns-renee-wyatt-1.jpg

she looks like frikken ET!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    So, wait, you are "The Man"?!?!?

No great conspiracy theory here. Just good old marketing. It is hard to sell to folks that only watch a couple of hours of TV a week. But couch potatoes..... you can sell ad space for them in 8-hour blocks. The networks want our kids to be zombies. That sells commercial time.

Which has exactly zero to do with the Soviet system of broadcasting... which is what you were claiming a few days ago.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Ummm, I believe that YOU were the only person on this thread that mentioned the Soviet sytem broadcasting. I don't even know what that implies. And I wasn't referring to "advertising".

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Ummm, I believe that YOU were the only person on this thread that mentioned the Soviet sytem broadcasting. I don't even know what that implies. And I wasn't referring to "advertising".

Scroll back is such a wonderful invention... thank you Mr. Al Gore for it. Along with the First Amendment in general it helps us spot the people who are paying attention and those who are not.

I posted: Much rather have it in private hands who "waste" its potential than have it in hands who desire to "educate" people. I've extensively studied the Soviet style of running broadcast channels and I would rather not have that system here.

[Now... for those who lack basic grammar skills... "that system" obviously refers back to the "Soviet style of running broadcast channels"]

eldirector responded in the post immediately below mine: What makes you think we DON'T have that system here?

So... drail...perhaps you want to explain to all of us just what "that system" is that eldirector is referring to?

And to answer your previous question... yes, from your comments on this thread you appear to be a conspiracy theorist. If you don't think that is fair then perhaps you might want to review your previous answer.

Top Bottom