• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    You might try the Comp-Tac MTAC holsters... It's more comfortable and smaller to carry my XD45 Compact in an MTAC than it is to carry my XDs-9 in the Alien Gear 2.0. They didn't change the design for the 3.0, so it'll be the same. The kydex just goes too far below the trigger guard for the adjustment screws, which are thick and don't flex. The MTAC puts the adjustment screws in front of the trigger guard. The SHTF Gear doesn't have adjustment screws, and also feels nice and small with the XDs. Plus, on the Alien, the holster is so big and the clips so far apart that I can't put in my pants while sitting in the car. I have be standing outside the car.

Mm4JRrijRNxIHxai6vWcdZTJMvAHUrLqz0wym8W1ZWQ=w1158-h652-no

Mike

MrJohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    West Lafayette
    We'll see if the new material holds up better than the 2.0. I've seen week old 2.0s torn to hell. I personally still think the original is the best one they make. The break-in period only took about a week for me.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Agreed about the base material. I wore through the cloak tuck 2.0 POS VINYL in a month.

What they need to make is a neoprene backed Leather base.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I am hearing alot of folks having issues with the durability of the 2.0. I have been wearing mine everyday, all day since Feb, and I have had zero issues with it. My only complaint with it is that screws that fasten the plastic clips get loose over time. I'm still very happy with it...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am hearing alot of folks having issues with the durability of the 2.0. I have been wearing mine everyday, all day since Feb, and I have had zero issues with it. My only complaint with it is that screws that fasten the plastic clips get loose over time. I'm still very happy with it...

Have you tried some blue loctite on the screws?

Top Bottom