• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    I have been doing some research for a lower that I have. I want to make it an 20" A2 clone. I was wondering if there is a certain upper to look for or are any uppers for a superior arms lower? Also, what barrel would be suggested for that upper? Just asking because, people say it has some different tolerances than other lowers.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have been doing some research for a lower that I have. I want to make it an 20" A2 clone. I was wondering if there is a certain upper to look for or are any uppers for a superior arms lower? Also, what barrel would be suggested for that upper? Just asking because, people say it has some different tolerances than other lowers.

Honestly? If it was different than all other lowers, why would you purchase one? I can't imagine they would make a proprietary lower.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If the lower is in-spec you should be able to fit any number of uppers on it. Have fun!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    ok... I was trying to find a trend of what upper works well with the lower. barrels the same deal? Anything will work? Sorry for the noob questions. this will be my first build that I will barrel an upper.

Anyone have experience with del ton uppers?
    DTI Del-Ton AR15 A2 Upper Receiver : for AR-15 at GunBroker.com

Have you done your research? Look for the thread on here talking about a possible build party. Its not as tough as you are making it out to be. A wide variety of uppers should work well for you. What's your intended purpose? How much cash do you want to spend? Do you have a favorite?

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    I have looked at different sites (here, ar15.com, midway, brownells, etc.) I want an 20" A2 clone. nothing special. I would prefer to make it cheap but I dont want to sacrifice quaility too much. As for favorites, I am not picky about it. Colt would be nice but I know I will pay for it.

Last edited:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    little step brother has a del ton and it is pretty nice. I have a M&P15 and the upper from that fits just fine on my Superior arms lower. I would say you should be fine with any standard upper and Del-ton is fine.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    You can find some Colt kits that come with unissued gov M16 uppers and all the parts for it and a stripped lower. I have one that I used for a 20 inch build and it has been gtg! Delton makes good stuff too. My lil brother bought a Delton upper and mated it to a Bushy lower and has over 4000 rounds down the pipe with no problems at all. Get the M16 bcg as they offer it at no additional cost vs an AR 15 BCG and the M16 one will be heavier thus slowing the cyclic rate making the rifle more dependable or so some say. I use M16 bcgs in all my builds!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    buy a BM 20 in A2 upper from PK Firearms. Arrived in 3 days.

I bought the A3 and mated it with a DS Arms lower.

20110411115947.jpg

Top Bottom