• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Spoke with myUPS delivery guy today, & sensed that he wasn't happy. I said no extra help for the holidays, & he said they only had 16 part time people, & didn't have enough for me. He said they can't get enough people to work, cause they didn't want to work only 25 hrs per week. They would rather sit on their dead A$$ES & collect unemployment. ( my words ) Don't effin tell me there aren't jobs out there. Granted it is only part time, but it might lead to something full time. PI$$ED off in America. :(

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I didn't realize they were hurting for help, I may just go fill out an application. I can stomp on boxes, steal them or send them to the wrong state as good as anybody else.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Spoke with myUPS delivery guy today, & sensed that he wasn't happy. I said no extra help for the holidays, & he said they only had 16 part time people, & didn't have enough for me. He said they can't get enough people to work, cause they didn't want to work only 25 hrs per week. They would rather sit on their dead A$$ES & collect unemployment. ( my words ) Don't effin tell me there aren't jobs out there. Granted it is only part time, but it might lead to something full time. PI$$ED off in America. :(

I just spoke to my brother, who is in personnel at UPS in eastern Indiana. He said there's far more applicants than jobs there. He's skeptical of what this driver told you. He said that for every one that declines a position because of insufficient or inconsistent hours, there are many that will jump in line for it.

He's curious as to what region of Indiana in which this driver works. :scratch:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

It would be nice if the advertised jobs other than on the internet. I couldn't work at UPS right now anyway because of school but then again, I don't collect unemployment. I'm sure if the people could live on $10.50/hr for a max of 25 a week, they'd do it if they actually wanted to work. But yeah, I haven't seen the normal seasonal and part-time jobs in the paper. Seems people got applications in early so they'd be able to get what they could to pay fall/winter bills and try to have money to get by. Our UPS guy has had a helper for several weeks already, someone I've known for years and know is a seasonal worker.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I had a family member who did the UPS thing several holidays seasons ago. He worked everyday they ask and they worked him like the owned him. Did they offer him a job Nope.. but they always acted like they would since he worked so much and hard. Now I do understand, its better to have then no job. But UPS has been know to not treat people well, etc..etc.. Now I'm sure there are people who love UPS and I know a couple who do and they are drivers..not holiday help loading trucks.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I know someone who used to work for USPS I know its different but they told me that they didn't have a life when they worked there but made very good money because of all the overtime they were required to work. I dunno if its the same at UPS

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I drive semis for UPS. Id like to hire one of you to feed me grapes while I drive.

$7.25/hr

No fat chicks.

whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    I worked for them for 25 years, saw alot of the jumpers as they are called not last a day and some got a job after peak if they were lucky. I have been at the 81st and 16th street hub and it is INSANE the increase of boxes this time of year.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    The reason UPS only wants people working 25 hours/week is so they're not full-time and wouldn't be offered benefits. They have pulled this for a decade or more. I used to live by the Chicago-area regional hub and had buddies who worked there.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Did you guys see where UPS and FEDEX are trying to merge?

They'll call the new company FEDUP.

I hear that joke atleast once a week from customers. It never gets any funnier.

The reason UPS only wants people working 25 hours/week is so they're not full-time and wouldn't be offered benefits. They have pulled this for a decade or more. I used to live by the Chicago-area regional hub and had buddies who worked there.

False, part timers do get benefits, just not the same as full timers.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I hear that joke atleast once a week from customers. It never gets any funnier.

False, part timers do get benefits, just not the same as full timers.

While it might be false now, this was their practice. I had friends working there who couldn't get hired on "full-time" as UPS didn't want to pay for benefits so they worked 39 hours/week.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    While it might be false now, this was their practice. I had friends working there who couldn't get hired on "full-time" as UPS didn't want to pay for benefits so they worked 39 hours/week.

They can thank Wal Mart employees for that. They filed a huge lawsuit because Wal Mart was working them over 40 hours but giving them part time benefits.

Top Bottom